Hacking ISO to cISO converter

fmj010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phpgeek said:
mestapho said:
But that doesn't help if you didn't download a scrubbed iso does it?

I'm not being argumentative I just have several unscrubbed iso's.

Then why not download Wii Scrubber and scrub your 1:1 ISO and place it in a compressed folder (as per the instructions in my post)? I'm not arguing btw, just merely pointing out that there is absolutely NO space saving benefits between storing a Scrubbed ISO or a cISO. The advantages to storing a Scrubbed ISO is that you can use it both for burning and the USB Loader.

I'd like to thank phpgeek for his clarification. I never really 'got' the difference between a cISO and storing a scrubbed 'real' ISO onto NTFS compression, but now it makes sense. I had tried to burn a cISO to a DVD without much luck, so keeping the scrubbed ISO on NTFS compression gives me back lots of space, and also gives me USB-Loader and/or burning backup DVD's, which is what I wanted.

Thanks phpgeek!

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not trim the ISO with wiiscrubber 1.4?

This will get rid of all the garbage data making it as small as possible, while still being in the ISO format, so you don't have to extract it or anything, won't it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts