ISO modding ban?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by NoWeeb, Feb 21, 2016.

1. NoWeeb
    OP

NoWeeb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2015
    United States
    Chicago
    If I ISO mod GTA IV, would I get banned. I heard people went for years without getting banned.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    There are two types of ISO mod
    1) The sort of thing that requires a RGH/JTAG box. If you can even get online then you will likely be pinged before too long because of the modded system. Whether you can share a profile (be it dual nand with RGH or whole other console and profile on a USB or something) will depend upon the mods you are doing. Any mod is a risk so most would advise against it.
    2) Some kind of disc swap (I am not sure if the NXE install versions of this were perfected) which does work with stock devices (give or take however you achieve the disc swap) and will see you able to go online. I do not know what goes with GTA for this as I only ever saw the Call Of Duty disc swap mods. Some people managed quite a long time before slipping up here and MS are a bit more lax these days on the banning front but again any mod is a risk.

3. NoWeeb
    OP

NoWeeb Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2015
    United States
    Chicago
    ok, thanks for the info

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I'd not do it if you value your Live account.
    Otherwise go ahead.

If you fuck up servers with cheats and what not, I sincerely hope you'll get banned.
    Cheaters don't belong in online games.