PS1/2 ISO/Loader Problem

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I have a little problem. I'm playing through my copy of Nocturne on my PS2 using OpenPS2Loader, and everything's worked so far without a problem.

Until I got to the Second Kalpa in the Amala Labyrinth. Every time I walk down this specific ladder, the game hangs on a black screen. The music plays, but nothing pops up on screen. I've tried each and every combination of settings in the OpenPS2Loader Compat. Settings, and nothing is working. So I figured it might be a problem with the USBLoader or whatever, so I'd just burn a copy of the disc and use that just to past this one part. But for whatever reason, I can't get the PS2 to recognize the disc. When the Disc comes up on the PS2 menu, it shows as DVD-Video, and if it does autoboot into the DVD, it leaves me at a black screen.

I burned the .iso file at 2x speed, using IMG Burn after ESR Patching it (and I've tried with and without the ESR Patching - ESR Patching let's me actually view the disc, but it still won't play.) I have Nero 8 - I'm just unsure of what settings to use with that program. I'm using Sony DVD+R's, which I've never had a problem with before, and I've used them with both my PS2 for Namco x Capcom and my Wii for several games. Am I doing something wrong? The copy I'm using on OpenPS2Loader is the same copy that I'm using to burn. Also, I'm running FreeMcBoot on an old Phat PS2. I just summed up my Disc results below.

Disc 1
-Not ESR Patched
-Burned at 2X Speed
-Results in "Put in a Playstation 2 Disc into PS2" Red Screen when Browser is selected - won't even enter Browser.
-Will not auto play, results in "not a valid PlayStation 2 Disc" at Swapmagic Screen.

Disc 2
- ESR Patched
- Burned at 2X Speed
- Results in "DVD-Video" shown at Browser, "Not a valid PS2 Disc" on Swap Magic.
- Will auto play, but will only show black screen.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Download the latest ESR version and boot it manually from uLaunchELF, the autoboot cr** never worked for me.

Windaga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried launching all 3 included .elf files for the latest version of ESR, and these are the results:

Direct - After the Press Start screen, the game just hangs - the screen is black.
No Direct - stuck at Press Start Screen (the PS2 remote stops functioning - I can't press anything)
MCCard - hangs with a purple screen.

I'm using ESrbetaR9b found here.

I'm not sure why it's not working. I'm going to try some of the older versions, but the latest ones didn't work :/

I also just tried Beta 7 and Beta 8 a, none of them work either. I get the same results for DirectBeta8a that I do for 9, and 7 just didn't work.

Edit
Nevermind, it did work. It seems that it just takes...a considerable amount of time for the menu to pop up on Beta8a. Thanks for that, WiiPower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.