ISO Crashes and other issues...

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by zantax, Jul 28, 2009.

Jul 28, 2009
  1. zantax
    OP

Newcomer zantax Member

Canada
    Ok I am new here sorry if I don't give enough information. I currently have my wii updated to 4.0 thanks to wanikoo(I know that isn't the correct spelling), and I have USB Loader and Cover floader installed on my wii. I am able to rip my games to my external HDD, and play them fine, however occasionally and it is random or it seems that way the games will freeze up with an annoying sound and I have to physically go up and hold down the power button for 7 seconds for the wii to turn off then power it back on and I could go hours without it happening again. Or it will freeze with a hex dump on the screen, I have only seen that one 2 times though. Anyone else have this issue?

My other problem and this is minor when I hit the home button on my wii mote then choose reset, to reset the game the whole wii reboots, is this common as well?

Thanks for all the good info people.

2. jabmaster2

Member jabmaster2 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would think it's a problem with your hard drive. Also yes the wii reseting is normal it always foe that

3. zantax
    OP

Newcomer zantax Member

Canada
    Ok so no one else is running into this issue then with the freezing up, right now I just have it running off a little caged laptop HDD, I will try changing it to a caged Desktop drive see if that fixes the issue with the freezing up.

4. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I heard about this issue once before, forgot how it was fixed... Do you have a recent IOS249 installed?

5. cocomonk22

Member cocomonk22 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Make sure you use the latest cios. Games would freeze a lot on earlier revisions.