Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
iSmartDS
NEW NDS Flash Kit?
logo_02.png

The iSmartDS is a new Flash Kit for the NDS. The Web site lists such features as video playback, AP patching, Cheats, 3in1 expansion packs, an SDK, and more. Could this be another iPlayer/SCDS2 clone? We will attempt to bring you more information as it is made available to us!

Features said:
• 100% compatibility, supports clean ROMS, works on NDS, NDSL, NDSi and NDS XL.
• Supports NDS download play.
• Enhanced Real Time Save and Real Time Game Guide. Making it easier for you to play the games.
• Super fast memory card reading speed. Supports any MicroSD/MicroSDHC including the slowest ones.
• Anti-Piracy Auto Detection. No patches needed for games with built-in anti-piracy.
• Automatic save type detection, no need for a save type database.
• Skinnable interface for both theme and buttons.
• Multi-lingual user interface. Customizable languages.
• Supports Action Replay cheat.
• Supports Wi-Fi, EZ Flash 3 in 1 expansion pack. No additional software needed for the expansion pack.

Special thanks to Merc via IRC for the news

icon11.gif
 Homepage

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
interesting

the cart is called iSmart Premium even though there wasnt a normal ismart
do they have to put Premium in the name?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It does indeed sound a lot like the iPlayer/DSTWO, something doesn't seem right here... That or it's something like that other flashcart with a built-in CPU that I keep forgetting. Hmm...

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't seem like it will have an iPlayer chip in it as it talks about expansion packs such as the 3in1.....

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the feeling that people are going to buy this, thinking it's a Supercard DS TWO clone, but only cheaper, and then find that it can't do the same things as the DS TWO. I just feel as though this really can't do all that, and is not a clone of a DS TWO.

I just don't see this card catching on easily. Not with the DS TWO out, with it's GBA emulator and SDK.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
"Video playback" probably just means .dpg movies. If it really played all movie formats, I think they'd point it out. Loudly.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically, it's just another flash cart that is attempting to be the next great one, even though because of the DS TWO, all flash carts need to be like that in order to stay in the scene, or at least have a good standing.

Is there anything that can prove me wrong?

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ellie said:
It does indeed sound a lot like the iPlayer/DSTWO, something doesn't seem right here... That or it's something like that other flashcart with a built-in CPU that I keep forgetting. Hmm...
I think you mean EX4i DS.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Dimensional said:
So basically, it's just another flash cart that is attempting to be the next great one, even though because of the DS TWO, all flash carts need to be like that in order to stay in the scene, or at least have a good standing.

Is there anything that can prove me wrong?
it's just ome of those "cheap carts" with all the standered stuff in alongside RTS, RTG ect
i don't think it's aimed at that market, to comete against the dstwo and all.
oh and the site claims the kernal is going to be open source.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's gotta be a clone of the SCDS2. Auto anti-piracy? Come on SCDS2 was the first to do that. It's definitely a clone. It might not even get regular updates.

D

Deleted User

I have noticed that they are better at grammar and general English than the traditional flashcart company. They still have a bit to go though.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
TeenDev said:
I have noticed that they are better at grammar and general English than the traditional flashcart company. They still have a bit to go though.
Yeah, that's been bugging me. Why can't flashcard companies get someone who actually speaks English to translate their horrible ENGRISH into regular English? How hard would that be? I'm sure someone from the Temp would be willing to do it in exchange for a free sample
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)