Game fixes and a serious bug squashed
The iSmart team have released an update that fixes several games and fixes a bug that could cause bricking of the iSmart if you ran a large rom on a cart with small cluster sizes (link to technical explanation at the end of the post). The old versions of the kernel have also been replaced on filetrip in light of this bug. Equally the bundled firmware update is the same as the one from the pokemon fixes back in September- it was mainly included to make sure everybody has the current one.
Alongside this the team updated the SVN (for those that missed it the iSmart team went open source) and a couple of days back the team released tools to allow you to skin the menus. Links at the end of the post.
There is also some other news to come but it has been requested we hold back for final versions.
1. Download system_v102.zip
2. unzip the file
3. copy the system folder and the file ISMART_firmware 3.nds to your TF
4. run ISMART_firmware 3.nds to update the firmware if have to
The following games have been fixed:
- 4951 - Jam with the Band (E)
- 5197 - One Piece: Gigant Battle! (J)
- 5215 - Pocket Monster : White (J)
- 5216 - Pocket Monster : Black (J)
- 5237 - My Sims Sky Heroes (E)
- 5255 - Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded (J)
Added warning message for some games
If you run into error message about the size, please format your TF in DOS command as following:
format x: /FS:FAT32 /A:32K
where x: is the drive for your tf memory card
Firstly Ryukouki published a review of the iSmart Premium, you can read it on the link below
Skinning related links
Kernel related links
Thanks to Mbmax for helping out with the news.