Hacking Isit dangerous instaling wii ware and virtual console games?

nicobellec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im using a PAL console. If i installed new virtual console and wiiware games NTSC would it run a risk of bricking my wii?

nicobellec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you. I did install some when i first used homebrew channel. Nothing happened i guess i was lucky if i just delete them now will that elimate the risk of a brick??

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
elimate the risk of a brick??
it wont brick if you leave them on!

Just if your installing them be "PREPARED" look all over this forum regarding safety of wads.
anyway just install wads that are tested and have good feedback
tongue.gif

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Take it this guy is having me on above lol :\
Slimmmmmm
If you read properly that was aimed at Army NOT ME, durrrrrr.

QUOTEYes ignore djdynamite123, he's a known trouble maker, just look at the av
Not starting that again are we...? seen yours you "strange, Poor, sad, deformed, urban pustule".

Army is right about the piracy, but i'm sure you don't "care" about that. like most on here!

nicobellec

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
End of the day this is the hacking section, if your so against piracy why are you even here, why do you have homebrew on your wii thats illegal. I buy games regularly and iv had alot of wii points go through my console but how can i pay for USA titles? I cant simple as. I spend around 160 - 180 of my wages a week on gaming!

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nicobellec said:
End of the day this is the hacking section, if your so against piracy why are you even here, why do you have homebrew on your wii thats illegal. I buy games regularly and iv had alot of wii points go through my console but how can i pay for USA titles? I cant simple as. I spend around 160 - 180 of my wages a week on gaming!
Wrong. Having homebrew on the Wii is not illegal.
If it was, we wouldn't have the Twilight Hack since Team Twiizers is against anything illegal.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
My myself am not anti piracy, nor pro piracy, but a bit in the middle.

Everything doesn't always need to be black or white, it can be a bit grey too.

Back on topic.

Your safe with wads as long as you follow common sense and read up on what your doing. There can be "bad wads" that can break your wii and sometimes it is unrepairable.
That is something I'm strongly against, I'd hate to see anyone break theirs.

If you're worried about leaving traces behind, then your "safe" there too, as long as you read up on what you are doing, and don't go installing anything you don't trust.

@dj, your av is annoying
tongue.gif

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
nicobellec said:
Wrong. Having homebrew on the Wii is not illegal.
If it was, we wouldn't have the Twilight Hack since Team Twiizers is against anything illegal.

and they are infallible?

As I said earlier, Breaking the contracts made between you and Nintendo (EULA), means nintendo can sue your ass if they want to.

Also, Its okay to install wads on your Wii, just make sure they are real, from your region and are compatible.

PS. I suggest installing star fall and keeping a Twighlight hack on your wii before you install anymore wads, Just in case.

HazukiSon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicobellec said:
Haha nice one mate, Looks like you guys just got owned ey?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I think we should outlaw healthcare entirely because the fact that people can get healthcare...