Gaming is xenoblade Chronicles good?

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
It's pretty good. Especially if you like free-roaming, quest and story driven gameplay and lots and lots of monsters to bash. Add to that character customisation, gear customisation and the ability to see what armours look like when worn it's a pretty good fun. I've played 30 hours so far and I'm still in the early parts of the game. Right now I'm running around trying to complete all available quests before I advance the story.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Gosh, the only game that have ever caught my attention for more than 100 hours is Monster Hunter and this game reminds me of that. I'm looking forward to the hundreds of hours playing this game :)

Fazermint

I like dem vidya gaimes
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best action RPGs ever made, in my opinion. The story is solid and compelling, you always want to know what happens next. The game world is HUGE, seriously. You literally spend hours finding all the locations and landmarks. Some people complain about the graphics... I don't know what they have been smoking, to me the scenery is stunning. The battle gameplay is great, although the main character can become a little repetitive at times. Be sure to try out other characters too. There are tons of quests, I'm trying to complete them all and I spend more time questing than on the main story, lol. This game is just so huge, and so awesome. You're definitely gonna have a good time.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best action RPGs ever made, in my opinion. The story is solid and compelling, you always want to know what happens next. The game world is HUGE, seriously. You literally spend hours finding all the locations and landmarks. Some people complain about the graphics... I don't know what they have been smoking, to me the scenery is stunning. The battle gameplay is great, although the main character can become a little repetitive at times. Be sure to try out other characters too. There are tons of quests, I'm trying to complete them all and I spend more time questing than on the main story, lol. This game is just so huge, and so awesome. You're definitely gonna have a good time.

I agree with everything he says here. And I also like to add, it's the only game in my entire life that got me hooked for over 130 hours.
That is of course , also the dawnside for me in this day and age....having to invest such a ridiculous amount of time to see the ending of the game.
Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it, but toward the end I decided to use cheats ( nothing game breaking, just speed ups and moon jump cheats ) in order to speed up the process. Because after a while, you know,the combat gets kind of repetitive.
And while the story remains highly entertaining, having to constantly battle enemies, find items, equip new armors and weapons all the time ( as beautiful as they are ) and multiply that for 4 - 5 characters, it can be....well, very time consuming, and ultimately, I got bored of it and kept going with the same gear.
Fantastic game indeed ( that is if you have and are willing to invest a lot of time on it ) , beautiful scenery and art direction, but in retrospect,I appreciate more a game like Zelda SW if only for the share of variety that it offers.

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
And while the story remains highly entertaining, having to constantly battle enemies, find items, equip new armors and weapons all the time ( as beautiful as they are ) and multiply that for 4 - 5 characters, it can be....well, very time consuming, and ultimately, I got bored of it and kept going with the same gear.

Err, thats the point of most RPGs. And its usually enough to go through your inventory every couple of hours, no need to instantly equip everything. But yeah, the game is quite long. You'll need about 80 hours if you don't want to rush through it.

Best JRPG of this gen, it is extremely well done and removes a lot of typical JRPG annoyances.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the battle system sucks though that's why i stopped playing it i'd say last story is better. the ls you don't have to worry about equipment or items as much you just get in there straight to the action mainly and the battle system is great.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a window of time in a console's life where its beginning to decine. The new sucessor has been announced and the old one is breathing its last breaths.

But this is when the Devs finally fully know and understand how the gaming system works, and this is where some of the best games for the system come out, but are often overlooked because of the promise of a new console.

Xenoblade is pretty close in that window. Its a fantastic game. Its a jRPG that JUST. GETS. IT.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to disagree with the majority of posts and say the game is ok. The game certainly isn't bad but I really don't think it was 'all that.' I really do regret pre-ordering the game in all honesty.

Reactions: 1 person

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
To each onto his own. For me, there's just something about it that just captivates my attention and I just can't stop playing the game. I regret I didn't get the game sooner than now. Money problems can be a bitch sometimes.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish WiiU would upscale Wii games to high res. Games like this would look beautiful without the jaggies.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Have fun. Just don't get frustrated when you have to run around for hours trying to complete the collectible sheet. Sometimes you can get the collectible items by trading or over-trading.

cloudskipa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gonna go against the grain a bit here but for me the game was average, I played it for around 30 hours but I grew bored, the game world seemed almost too big and the combat was repetitive and seemed very half arsed. The story didn't do much for me either, but the music and graphics were great. I know it's a stunning game that will appeal to fans of the genre but it's not for everyone (even those who like some RPG).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...