is xenoblade Chronicles good?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by weavile001, Jul 14, 2012.

Jul 14, 2012
  1. weavile001
    OP

Member weavile001 Spiritmaster

Brazil
    but my wii is with my brother in the USA and i want to play , but i dont know even if its good

2. Frank Cadena

Member Frank Cadena GBAtemp Fan

Brunei
    It's pretty good. Especially if you like free-roaming, quest and story driven gameplay and lots and lots of monsters to bash. Add to that character customisation, gear customisation and the ability to see what armours look like when worn it's a pretty good fun. I've played 30 hours so far and I'm still in the early parts of the game. Right now I'm running around trying to complete all available quests before I advance the story.

3. Nah3DS

Member Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Argentina
    I clocked +200hs on this game
    that could give you an idea on how awesome it is

4. Frank Cadena

Brunei
    Gosh, the only game that have ever caught my attention for more than 100 hours is Monster Hunter and this game reminds me of that. I'm looking forward to the hundreds of hours playing this game :)

5. Fazermint

Member Fazermint I like dem vidya gaimes

Norway
    Xenoblade Chronicles is one of the best action RPGs ever made, in my opinion. The story is solid and compelling, you always want to know what happens next. The game world is HUGE, seriously. You literally spend hours finding all the locations and landmarks. Some people complain about the graphics... I don't know what they have been smoking, to me the scenery is stunning. The battle gameplay is great, although the main character can become a little repetitive at times. Be sure to try out other characters too. There are tons of quests, I'm trying to complete them all and I spend more time questing than on the main story, lol. This game is just so huge, and so awesome. You're definitely gonna have a good time.

6. PizzaPino

Member PizzaPino GBAtemp Fan

El Salvador
    one of the best games i ever played. really good story. you will never imagine what's gonna happen at the end.

7. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I agree with everything he says here. And I also like to add, it's the only game in my entire life that got me hooked for over 130 hours.
    That is of course , also the dawnside for me in this day and age....having to invest such a ridiculous amount of time to see the ending of the game.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved every minute of it, but toward the end I decided to use cheats ( nothing game breaking, just speed ups and moon jump cheats ) in order to speed up the process. Because after a while, you know,the combat gets kind of repetitive.
    And while the story remains highly entertaining, having to constantly battle enemies, find items, equip new armors and weapons all the time ( as beautiful as they are ) and multiply that for 4 - 5 characters, it can be....well, very time consuming, and ultimately, I got bored of it and kept going with the same gear.
    Fantastic game indeed ( that is if you have and are willing to invest a lot of time on it ) , beautiful scenery and art direction, but in retrospect,I appreciate more a game like Zelda SW if only for the share of variety that it offers.

8. redfalcon

Member redfalcon GBATemp Member

Germany
    Err, thats the point of most RPGs. And its usually enough to go through your inventory every couple of hours, no need to instantly equip everything. But yeah, the game is quite long. You'll need about 80 hours if you don't want to rush through it.

Best JRPG of this gen, it is extremely well done and removes a lot of typical JRPG annoyances.

9. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    the battle system sucks though that's why i stopped playing it i'd say last story is better. the ls you don't have to worry about equipment or items as much you just get in there straight to the action mainly and the battle system is great.

10. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    There is a window of time in a console's life where its beginning to decine. The new sucessor has been announced and the old one is breathing its last breaths.

But this is when the Devs finally fully know and understand how the gaming system works, and this is where some of the best games for the system come out, but are often overlooked because of the promise of a new console.

Xenoblade is pretty close in that window. Its a fantastic game. Its a jRPG that JUST. GETS. IT.

11. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    I'm going to disagree with the majority of posts and say the game is ok. The game certainly isn't bad but I really don't think it was 'all that.' I really do regret pre-ordering the game in all honesty.

1 person likes this.
  12. Adr990

Member Adr990 To boldly go where no man has gone before!

Netherlands
    It's damn good!

Also a quite long game, sometimes it might get a little boring, but than after that new exciting things happen.

13. Frank Cadena

Brunei
    To each onto his own. For me, there's just something about it that just captivates my attention and I just can't stop playing the game. I regret I didn't get the game sooner than now. Money problems can be a bitch sometimes.

14. crono141

Member crono141 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just wish WiiU would upscale Wii games to high res. Games like this would look beautiful without the jaggies.

15. donaldgx

Member donaldgx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I clocked around 30 minutes, The Last Story took the majority of my attention.

16. weavile001
    OP

Member weavile001 Spiritmaster

Brazil
    i already received my wii back , its pretty good :)

17. Frank Cadena

Brunei
    Have fun. Just don't get frustrated when you have to run around for hours trying to complete the collectible sheet. Sometimes you can get the collectible items by trading or over-trading.

18. cloudskipa

Newcomer cloudskipa Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Gonna go against the grain a bit here but for me the game was average, I played it for around 30 hours but I grew bored, the game world seemed almost too big and the combat was repetitive and seemed very half arsed. The story didn't do much for me either, but the music and graphics were great. I know it's a stunning game that will appeal to fans of the genre but it's not for everyone (even those who like some RPG).