Is Wewaware a Scam?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Hundle, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Hundle
    OP

Hundle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Canada
    Hi guys first post

I wanted to pick up the sky3ds plus, but because I live in Canada my options are kinda limited. I saw on the sky3ds that Wewaware was based out of the GTA so I decided to purchase a card from them. I paid for it through PayPal and upon completion of the purchase I wasn't given any tracking number or order status just a order number and I tried emailing and calling the number but I have yet to hear back via email and the number I call ends in french. After a day Im kinda worried I've been scammed, what should I do?

Sorry for the long post. thanks

2. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    I would hold out on getting a SkY3DS as firmware 10.3 and below will allow for downgrading soon which will allow you to use rxTools but if your dead set on paying for piracy no weweware is not a scam a good alternative would be modchipcentral.

3. Hundle
    OP

Hundle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks for the response

I kinda already pulled the trigger on it I was just wondering if it was legit or not because I had no way of checking on my order. I'll take your word for it and wait a couple days then. BTW how would rxtools give the same features as sky3ds like the ap check and ability to play roms. Sorry about it kinda new just wondering

Last edited by Hundle, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    weweware is not a scam. it's faster and cheaper....

5. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    You wont have to worry about anything with rxTools you can use custom themes, play any game regardless of AP, use Homebrew, and run Emulators.

6. Hundle
    OP

Hundle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Canada
    I have seen you vouch for it on other posts so I decided to buy one, but is there anyway to check on my purchase at all

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Cool I guess I shouldnt have bought it so soon then. My loss then.Thanks for answering

7. Metalshadow

Metalshadow Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2011
    Canada
    Toronto
    I also vouch for them. Excellent service and I also bought two from them with SD cards.

8. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    if u chose the free mail, u can't tracking your order. it will takes some days to arrive(Canada post can be really slow during Christmas....)
    If u didn't receive the mail 10 days after you place the order, talk to him, and try to ask for another copy.

9. Hundle
    OP

Hundle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks for the vote of confidence puts my mind at ease

I payed thru PayPal so I paid the for shipping can I still track it, if not could you give me number I would call if after 10 days I don't get it the one I tried on his PayPal before didn't work. Sorry If I'm asking for too much, Thanks

10. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    his phone number is on his website.

11. Hundle
    OP

Hundle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Canada
    I've tried that number same as on the PayPal site. Haven't got a response from it yet and doesnt work when I call it. Thanks for the help tho

12. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    eh.... I sent him message before, and he did reply. sorry, I don't know what happens now

13. Hundle
    OP

Hundle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Canada
    All good I'll try again later. Thank you youve been very helpful

14. WeakNiZ

WeakNiZ GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2009
    United States
    Brooklyn, New York
    Does "wewaware" ship to the US?

Hundle! Let me know how it goes :)
    I want to grab a Sky3DS+ too! Just don't know who have it in stock and is reliable >_<

15. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    I think the answer is yes.:unsure:
    Canada to US should be ok

WeakNiZ likes this.
  16. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you paid on Paypal you can wait a few days or a week then make a claim for item not received. You'll either get a tracking number or a refund :-) (if the seller doesn't provide a tracking number they automatically lose).

17. Hundle
    OP

Hundle Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2015
    Canada
    Ye they do ship to US. He got back to me and said they'll have more back in early January,
    I'll update you when I get the card if you want

He got back to me so its looks pretty legit, thanks for the info tho

Quantumcat likes this.
  18. SoulSlayerXI

SoulSlayerXI Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2016
    Canada
    Hello, from those who bought from wewaware, how long did it take for your stuff to arrive? I ordered a sky3ds a week ago. I emailed the seller twice already and sent him a text message. I haven't heard from him.

Edit: Oh also, I don't live from from where the seller says he sells his stuff, so it really shouldn't take that long.

Last edited by SoulSlayerXI, Feb 11, 2016
  19. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    well.... my friend go his copy in 1.5 week.... they are kinda close to each other...... my friend Scarborough, seller north york...
    regular mail + canada post.... slow + slow :)

20. SoulSlayerXI

SoulSlayerXI Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2016
    Canada
    Oh alright thanks. Hopefully I get mine soon. The seller hasn't communicated with me in any way. Anyway, thank you for your response!