is this safe

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by skinneyb, Dec 20, 2010.

Dec 20, 2010

is this safe by skinneyb at 6:01 PM (2,700 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. skinneyb
    OP

Newcomer skinneyb Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    i have a wii that was softmodded on 4,2e pal and it was updated by mu sis and i lost all my mods so have to re do it using gamexploit have just put my wii on and there is another update wii support code 61312 is this same to do before starting to re softmod

thanks in advance

2. fattest

Member fattest GBAtemp Fan

United States
    if you had the latest hbc installed before updating i think you're okay. just reinstall all your cios'es

3. skinneyb
    OP

United Kingdom
    i have no homebew or preloader also had coscop and have none of it now due to update

4. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    Why are you contemplating upgrading using Nintendo's Official Update Process??? It is not recommended. The "Wii Support Code: 61312 - Successful connection test" is the code you get after a successful connection test where the Wii assumes you have connected to the internet for the first time and asks if you want to perform a system update. Do not do it. The sad thing is, you are probably at the latest update already as your sister updated your Wii already. Just re-MOD your Wii using a game exploit like you mentioned and chock all this up as a lesson learned.

After, once you have re-softMODded your Wii, remember to never update your Wii via Nintendo, only by the many other methods available to softMODders like NUSD, or ModMii. I suggest blocking disc and online updates from Nintendo using Priiloader or Startpatch, it saves you from situations like the one you are in now.

-[]D

5. skinneyb
    OP

United Kingdom
    thanks for your help all

6. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Maybe it is smashdude, or a relative of his... lol, just kidding...