Hardware Is this an SOC issue or something else?

OhItsSlick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I replaced the charging port and M9 chip on this switch and it seemingly charges fine and boots but as you can see from the video it seems that the switch doesn’t display video. I’ve checked known working screen and it’s not the screen so it’s something to do with the motherboard. The backlight works so I assume the ribbon FTC connector is fine. So is this an SOC issue and am I SOOL or is there another cause I should check out?

LINK TO VIDEO:

Attachments

• IMG_3732.mp4
    9.4 MB
Last edited by OhItsSlick,

OhItsSlick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I replaced the charging port and M9 chip on this switch and it seemingly charges fine and boots but as you can see from the video it seems that the switch doesn’t display video. I’ve checked known working screen and it’s not the screen so it’s something to do with the motherboard. The backlight works so I assume the ribbon FTC connector is fine. So is this an SOC issue and am I SOOL or is there another cause I should check out?

Edit: applying pressure to the cpu/gpu/soc, whatever I should refer to it, causes no change. Thanks for any replies!

Last edited by OhItsSlick,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Sometimes if the M92 is broken, the power surge also took out parts of the BQ24193.
After the Nintendo logo is shown, the basic initialization of the Switch starts.
All peripherals like wifi and battery management are also initialized right after that.
You could check the power rails to see if all expected voltages are present.
Maybe plug the USB in a normal 5V-only usb charger to see if fast-charging isn't messing up the Switch.

OhItsSlick

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes if the M92 is broken, the power surge also took out parts of the BQ24193.
After the Nintendo logo is shown, the basic initialization of the Switch starts.
All peripherals like wifi and battery management are also initialized right after that.
You could check the power rails to see if all expected voltages are present.
Maybe plug the USB in a normal 5V-only usb charger to see if fast-charging isn't messing up the Switch.
So check voltages of M9, BQ, etc? Would you happen to know where I can find the voltage values for the various ICs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.