Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's fake. Any "R4" that says it's updated, second generation, SDHC compatible or any other thing than just a plain R4 is fake.

Edit: Oh, wait. It doesn't say that on the box, just the product page. It might be real, it might not. You really can't tell until you get it.

Abraxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why shouldnt i have bought a r4?
Edit: i bought it from a seller named R4DS_Central

and thanks for the help guys
biggrin.gif

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's no reason not to buy an R4. I chose it over all the other carts because I just wanted a flashcart that can play pretty much anything and it's already good enough for me.

Gukina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By looking at that picture it does look real, i mean the seller could lie and use a fake picture.. so no way of telling.

I agree with chaosboi, the r4 r0xerz .. plus i'm cheap and i don't want to pay for expensive memory just to store 10,000 games, that's what my $500 PC is for
grog.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sephiroth said:
Just because the name has "2nd generation" in it, I'd say it's a clone. You'd be better off getting one for 3 dollars more at gameyeeeah.com
Actually, there is a second generation of R4 DS carts.
They're black...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ChaosBoi said:
There's no reason not to buy an R4. I chose it over all the other carts because I just wanted a flashcart that can play pretty much anything and it's already good enough for me.

You bought an outdated cart that has no features, at 39 bucks? While there are quite a few carts at a cheaper price, that does around 3 times as more?

You can get a DSTT which is pretty similar to the R4, it's not a clone in any way, for only 20 bucks. It does a whole lot more than the R4 too. This cart doesn't have games that doesn't work right now.

It may not be much, at least the DSTT HAS some decent support, and isn't close to dying.

Gukina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JPH said:
Sephiroth said:
Just because the name has "2nd generation" in it, I'd say it's a clone. You'd be better off getting one for 3 dollars more at gameyeeeah.com
They're black...

aren't the second generations the new design R4 without the spring? which is the one i have..

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gukina said:
JPH said:
Sephiroth said:
They're black...

aren't the second generations the new design R4 without the spring? which is the one i have..
That's right. The second generation is the one without the spring.

Hayatkaizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 II upgraded (v2) & R4 III - updated (v3) are clones of R4 , which is even worse , beside R4 Team never said there is new generation of R4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...