FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have recently noticed a very irritating problem on my PSP. When I play games sometimes it freezes completely and I am forced to shut it off. This is where it gets worse. The PSP does not turn on when I try to turn it back on. Seems confusing but here is the problem. After I shut it off I turn it back on and the screen is blank. It shows it is clearly on because the power button is green but the screen is blank. It is only lit up so I notice it is on but it does not show the PSP menu or boot up. I fear this is going to get worse and I am wondering what is the possible problem with it? When I played Phantasy Star for example it lagged and froze. The memory stick slot's cover is loose so it does not stick or stay in place at all so that might be a problem but I guess I put pressure on the memory stick when I play because it froze when I tried this over and over but it worked when I let go of my grip on the left side more. I don't know but I am confused and worried. If this PSP brakes on me it will suck.
frown.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Run nandtool and check for bad blocks. They rarely cause issues because of redundancy but if there are MANY then they can cause similar issues to those you describe.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Run nandtool and check for bad blocks. They rarely cause issues because of redundancy but if there are MANY then they can cause similar issues to those you describe.

This. your Nand may have become screwy. If so that is what you need to fix.

Found here.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The nand doesn't just "become screwy". Running nandtool will not fix a PSP whose flash has become totally physically corrupted.

FlashX007

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I was out yesterday and apologies for pissing anybody off. I just noticed you were helping another problem in another thread and mine got unnoticed. Sorry.

Anyways here:

PSP 1000
5.50 Prometheus -2
Official SanDisk 8GB MagicGate (Black)

I did not really think about it but it started happening when I updated to Prome-2 CFW. Not right after I updated but maybe a few weeks after. Before that it never had this problem. Anyways I am confused so you are going to have to say it in a way for me to understand. Sorry. Just tell it to me as if your telling a stupid idiot because that is who I am.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf