Hardware Is this a legit 3DS Dev Unit?

Matias3DSHbw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
They want to sell me a 3DS that is supposedly bricked, I saw the programs that the person launched and the back of the console and it definitely looks like a Dev Unit, the person says it's bricked, It's either not a Dev Unit modified to look like one or a Dev Unit which the owner seems to not have realized since he said he never managed to poay nothing a couple of years ago on it.
Screenshot_20200916-033027_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200916-033031_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200916-033034_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200916-033022_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Matias3DSHbw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Idk. but those photos are horribly blurred. Cannot read much of anything to really tell.
Yeah, the 2nd Image on the back has the Developer Unit sticker and info.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, the 2nd Image on the back has the Developer Unit sticker and info.
And the programs he's running make me think it could be one.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah looks legit, the original 3ds dev kits just have a sticker on the back declaring themselves a dev kit (not to certain if they changed with the n3DS, I did hardmod one to unbrick it before NTRboothax was released, but can't remember if they still went with the slap a big sticker on it" approach, but afaik devkits use different carts/encryption keys, so it makes sense they would just assume its "bricked" on account of it not reading retail games, I bought a £25 devkit PS3 from a store that assumed it was a faulty console as it wouldn't load retail game disks

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Matias3DSHbw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yeah looks legit, the original 3ds dev kits just have a sticker on the back declaring themselves a dev kit (not to certain if they changed with the n3DS, I did hardmod one to unbrick it before NTRboothax was released, but can't remember if they still went with the slap a big sticker on it" approach, but afaik devkits use different carts/encryption keys, so it makes sense they would just assume its "bricked" on account of it not reading retail games, I bought a £25 devkit PS3 from a store that assumed it was a faulty console as it wouldn't load retail game disks
They offered me this 3DS, complete with stylus, memory and charger for 2 Switch games that I own (Let's Go Eevee and Tournament DX) my switch is hacked so I wouldn't really mind that much and I'm very curious about this 3DS Dev Unit since there aren't many videos online about it being used (very few), i talked about the trade on the Nintendo Homebrew Discord and they confirmed me it's a Dev 3DS too and are very intrigued by it, the bricked 3DS Dev Unit does seem far more interesting than the Pokemon games that I own and don't really play that much (I liked Pokemon games until after the DS generation) so what do you think? Worth it?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They offered me this 3DS, complete with stylus, memory and charger for 2 Switch games that I own (Let's Go Eevee and Tournament DX) my switch is hacked so I wouldn't really mind that much and I'm very curious about this 3DS Dev Unit since there aren't many videos online about it being used (very few), i talked about the trade on the Nintendo Homebrew Discord and they confirmed me it's a Dev 3DS too and are very intrigued by it, the bricked 3DS Dev Unit does seem far more interesting than the Pokemon games that I own and don't really play that much (I liked Pokemon games until after the DS generation) so what do you think? Worth it?

Was useful back in the day when the 3ds hacking was still relevant, now a day you just got a collector item, not much use out of it.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Was useful back in the day when the 3ds hacking was still relevant, now a day you just got a collector item, not much use out of it.
I mean you can do some cool stuff with a hacked 3ds and there might be some interesting dev files on there

Reactions: Hayato213

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah should be worth it, even if you just flip it to a collector
only one I can see sold on Ebay recently was in very good condition with flashcard included
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-3ds-Development-unit-fantastic-condition-make-your-own-games-/203097777389?hash=item2f499224ed:g:TOQAAOSwumNfUlgC&nma=true&si=2uCVATeb77dqylqMzjpenAbDl6M%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

that sold for about £200, I would guess the one your looking at might fetch between £100-£150, which is more than the switch games which seem to go max about £30 each, so yeah have a little play with it, maybe keep it for the novelty or flip it for a reasonable profit

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Matias3DSHbw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yeah should be worth it, even if you just flip it to a collector
only one I can see sold on Ebay recently was in very good condition with flashcard included
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-3ds-Development-unit-fantastic-condition-make-your-own-games-/203097777389?hash=item2f499224ed:g:TOQAAOSwumNfUlgC&nma=true&si=2uCVATeb77dqylqMzjpenAbDl6M%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

that sold for about £200, I would guess the one your looking at might fetch between £100-£150, which is more than the switch games which seem to go max about £30 each, so yeah have a little play with it, maybe keep it for the novelty or flip it for a reasonable profit
Thank you! I'll be getting it then and then I'll upload better quality pictures tomorrow when i do the trade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I even convinced my dad to watch Fallout lol. He's enjoying it so far +1