Is this A fake dstt??

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by kaitur8, Apr 2, 2009.

Apr 2, 2009

Is this A fake dstt?? by kaitur8 at 10:18 AM (1,164 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. kaitur8
    OP

kaitur8 Newbie

hi, i just received a dstt (that is compatible with NDSL and NDSi) from gadgetgear (click here to see it) , i am using it on my NDSL but i am not sure if its fake or not.
    it arrived in a plastic pop-out packedge thing.
    The thing that troubles me is that on the front of the little card that shows a picture on it it says "Update at risk Be care to use".
    It also says near the code thing on the dstt (u know,the bottom of the dstt where the ds reads it) DSTT 2I or 21 or something

ALSO it shows the ndstt website on top of the card

If this is fake will i still be able to safley use it and how??

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

read the link in my signature there are test nds files that will tell you if its fake or real too [​IMG]

3. kaitur8
    OP

kaitur8 Newbie

no offence but that isnt really helpin'.

ALSO WERE CAN I DOWNLOAD firmware 1.5 for dstt?

4. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Holy shit, i bought mine for 10 bucks from DX, and it's very real and has not given me a problem despite continuous use over 5 months! You really spend $70 on one?
    And if you don't want to risk ruining your card, just use an older firmware like 1.15 or use the newer firmware but be sure to pick the one without the fake-killer code in it, it's available in the GBATemp downloads section.

5. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

Why isn't it helping!? theres a very informative post with images in that link ... heres the DIRECT LINK

you need to carefully open your card and take a look at the chip as per images in the link!

anyhow here is a direct link to the 1.15 pre fake killer kernel files [​IMG]

there's a hacked 1.17 in the TTDS and the downloads section with the fake killer code removed and I now use that on TTDS cards now [​IMG]

6. AC/DS

Member AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Slovakia
    DELETED by AC/DS as advice has already been provided.