Is this a brick?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by PKMNTKou, Jun 2, 2017.

1. PKMNTKou
    OP

PKMNTKou Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2017
    Mexico
    Hello GBATemp, well this is what happened:

I was updating my N3DS from arm9 to bootstrap, the process went just fine, then I opened the new luma updater and downloaded the hourly version, the updater asked me if I wanted luma to overwrite the boot.firm in the NAND or something like that, I said yes, luma updated, I pressed start to restart the console but it never turned on, I pressed the power button and noticed that the blue led turned on less than a sec and then turned off, I thought maybe my micro SD was broken and my console couldnĀ“t find the boot so it turned itself off, but thats not the case, the SD is working properly, I have tried to boot while pressing start/select but nothing happens, is like the sistem itself cannot start or something like...

Do you have any suggestions?
    My N3DS is now a brick? Can I fix it? How?

I can try any suggestions and I can do hardmode if needed, thanks in advance.

English is not my native languaje so please excuse my mistakes.

2. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
    The hourly is broken IIRC, install the stable version manually

PKMNTKou likes this.
  3. Pyra

Pyra do we have an official quilava mascot yet?

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    It's not broken, actually that's normal when you don't have a valid boot.firm.

The current hourlies of Luma don't work atm, so you have to go back to stable. You can do this by either deleting your current "boot.firm" at the root of your SD card and renaming "boot.firm.bak" to "boot.firm", or by going to the Luma3DS Github page and downloading the .zip folder, and dragging the "boot.firm" file from the .zip folder to the root of your SD card.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Quantumcat and PKMNTKou like this.
  4. PKMNTKou
    OP

PKMNTKou Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2017
    Mexico
    OMG bro, you're my hero, I never thought about that, I was even considering to hardmode my console xD thank you very much

nitroBW likes this.
  5. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    *sighs* Seriously people. This is why warnings exist. I put warnings on the latest release and people choose to ignore them. This is what happens as a result of ignoring warnings. Hourlies should be avoided at all costs right now until a solution is found.

Quantumcat and Pyra like this.
  6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It would be cool if you could get it to display a message you pull from the net, so you can update the message when people need warnings. Wouldn't work if they weren't connected to the net, but, that's the same as it is now, so...

proflayton123 likes this.