Misc Is there any way to:

Majroa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, our wireless internet is WPA secured. Is there any hack or so that can make WPA work on my DS?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, reminds me of the problem I had. Got ATT Uverse and it was WPA encrypted. I was forced to put it back to WEP with a password in order for the DS to be compatible with it.

It sucks too because WPA is supposed to be the best router security. WEP is so easy to crack.

eSPy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
meh...i just switch it over to wep when i play with my ds, then switch right back afterwards. chances are someone isnt gonna be tryin to hack in in the short time id be online, and if they did, they wouldnt be on for very long before i switched it on them.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Velveteer said:
Wait, the DSi supports WPA? That's really good to know. I might end up getting one after all.

Yes, the DSi supports WPA, but since ds games aren't made especially for dsi, thy aren't compatible with wpa, so it will just be dsiware for you.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also get a usb dongle from Newegg for $12.99 that allows your ds to connect to one of your computers. This keeps your computer as WPA, but the dongle still has to be WEP, so it's still a weak point. On the plus side, the dongle only has limited range though. If you do use either of these suggestions, be sure to use MAC filtering.

EDIT: Just noticed you weren't in the US, Newegg might not work then.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Demonbart said:
Velveteer said:
Wait, the DSi supports WPA? That's really good to know. I might end up getting one after all.

Yes, the DSi supports WPA, but since ds games aren't made especially for dsi, thy aren't compatible with wpa, so it will just be dsiware for you.
The hybrids like Rabbids Go Home support WPA as one of the DSi features.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
You can also get a usb dongle from Newegg for $12.99 that allows your ds to connect to one of your computers. This keeps your computer as WPA, but the dongle still has to be WEP, so it's still a weak point. On the plus side, the dongle only has limited range though. If you do use either of these suggestions, be sure to use MAC filtering.

EDIT: Just noticed you weren't in the US, Newegg might not work then.

Will this dongle solve my problem described here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=192463 ?

Can I use even if my laptop's wireless card doesn't support Soft AP?

And how about this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16833166041 ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-