Is there a way to upscale NDS 3D Games on 3DS?

CD912

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm looking for a way to make 3d games look more crisp on the 3ds using its native resolution, a common feature found in NDS emulators on PC/Mobile. It upscales the resolution of 3d games to make it look a lot less... Pixelated. Is there any way to do this on the 3DS/2DS? I can show an example if you don't understand what i mean.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
pk11.us
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, that's not possible and it's extremely unlikely it ever will be. DS on 3DS isn't an emulator, it's running the games natively using real DS hardware and that hardware simply isn't made to go above 256×192...

The best you can do is TWPatch for crisper scaling or 1:1 mode but then it's rather small.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
A lot of less pixelated and DS 3D issues (fixed point geometry, nearest textures and more) are way more obvious.

DS is a Playstation in the sense that it doesn't look pretty, upscaled. Unless you improve the geometry (the PGXP thing) and other areas, which is not very accurate, tbh.

Reactions: Stefano_Lassandro

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
only if 3ds could emulate ds you could do that, but 3ds cannot, the only thing you can do is to keep pushed select before start a ds game, twilight menu or dsiware game and you will see the game in the original resolution

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Twilight Menu can run some DS games in ''widescreen'' which gives you more view of the screen, but as far as I know the resolution stays the same so it must be pretty pixelated.

Last edited by Moon164,
Reactions: Aerocool

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
The resolution does not stay the same because the picture has to be squished before it gets stretched to the whole screen. Or in other words you lose details horizontally. Technically it's the same 256x192 but more infos in form of pixels need to be packed into that resolution.

Reactions: Aerocool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021