Hacking Is there a way to set time limits/parental controls on a hacked switch?

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I please get some advice?

I need to set a time limit on the switch.

Using the app online would get the hacked switch banned.

I heard there is a way to set a timer in the sysnand. Is anyone familiar with it? I actually don't remember how to get back into sysnand without rehacking, and I currently don't have my jig handy to do that.

Thanks in advance.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never messed with parental settings before, but isn't there a parental settings option in settings? Can't you activate it there?

If you can't activate parental settings offline, then theoretically you can set up parental control on your stock/sysnand (pin, time limit, etc) then boot to hekate and create a new emunand. Make sure you have dns mitm aka hosts file set up to block nintendo servers. Parental control settings should be copied over to your newly created emunand, and you can install new games from there. Only down side is that you probably need to repeat the whole process if you want to change any parental control settings, since you can't connect to nintendo servers in emunand.

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never messed with parental settings before, but isn't there a parental settings option in settings? Can't you activate it there?

If you can't activate parental settings offline, then theoretically you can set up parental control on your stock/sysnand (pin, time limit, etc) then boot to hekate and create a new emunand. Make sure you have dns mitm aka hosts file set up to block nintendo servers. Parental control settings should be copied over to your newly created emunand, and you can install new games from there. Only down side is that you probably need to repeat the whole process if you want to change any parental control settings, since you can't connect to nintendo servers in emunand.

Thanks for your reply.

You can't activate the time limit setting without the app, which requires the internet.

How can I boot back to hekate?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I boot back to hekate?
depends on your console and setup. If it's v1 you need to shutdown and re-enter rcm and inject hekate payload. If it's v2/lite/oled with modchip simply reboot and it should enter hekate. If you set up auto boot press vol+/- to return back to hekate menu.

Reactions: testing123

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depends on your console and setup. If it's v1 you need to shutdown and re-enter rcm and inject hekate payload. If it's v2/lite/oled with modchip simply reboot and it should enter hekate. If you set up auto boot press vol+/- to return back to hekate menu.
There is also a handy homebrew app called "Kosmos Toolbox" that you can find and install on CFW switch. It will let you enter "Hekate" menu from the app. I use it to swap sd cards while on the go, or to simply restart the Switch to CFW without the need of my jig . Good Luck!:grog:

Kosmos Toolbox - https://github.com/WerWolv/Hekate-Toolbox/releases/tag/v2.1.0

Reactions: testing123

cewong2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can set up parental controls offline with the built-in app, pressing x to say you don’t have a smart device, but it specifically says you won’t have access to the play-limit, bedtime alarm, and time played monitor and activity checking.

But yes I would also be interested in maybe a home fee that would allow for the time features in an offline mode, with pin system but it doesn’t seem like one exists.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone