is there a way to install from the hdd instead of sd?

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems the wup installer is only looking for the install folder on an SD, I want it to look on the HDD? IS there another tool that will do this?

TheJster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things can't be installed onto your SD card, only the hdd or a USB. When installing homebrews n such you should get a option to install on USB or hdd

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Things can't be installed onto your SD card, only the hdd or a USB. When installing homebrews n such you should get a option to install on USB or hdd
this is backwards from the questions.

I want to install games from HDD ( install dir ) to HDD. I'm learning quickly that there is no way around this. Well other then this wiiu helper tool, that is one way to do it ( sort of) but it will not run if my HDD is installed in to the wiiu.
Post automatically merged:

ok I got it...

1) FTP what you want to your USB /install folder
2) run nusspli
3) Choose install content

now all your files are sitting right there to be installed.

Mind you this is no faster then copying to SD first, but if you want to by pass the middle man, this is the only way I found that works.

Last edited by ulao,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I've always founf the SD card way of installing games really stupid. Wish a better USB to HDD installation method would come around. We have Custom firmware, so what's the issue? Nobody to write a USB installer or what?

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've always founf the SD card way of installing games really stupid. Wish a better USB to HDD installation method would come around. We have Custom firmware, so what's the issue? Nobody to write a USB installer or what?

Please make a new topic once you're finished and it's ready for release.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ and Jayro

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how would you copy to hdd? I think my solution is the only one possible Unless you mean using wup. I think nusspli works fine. .

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio: I will, thanks +1