greggameplayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,
Is there a way to have linux running on PS TV/PS Vita ? if there is a way somebody can create a sort of linux emulator homebrew ?
It will be a great feature in order to play some games and to run some emulators not implemented on the PS Vita/PS TV yet.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No(t yet), not like being able to Linux (or any other major OS) means much, especially for gaming, if there are no drivers specialized for the hardware (like GPU hardware acceleration)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But you can create a sort of linux emulator like winehq (windows emulator for linux)
Wine is not an emulator, the name means literally that :D

You can either make a compatibility layer without emulation, like classic Wine; apart from the huge difficulty for little reward, it would be limited to ARM software in the first place...

...or you can make a full blown PC emulator (which DosBox is to a certain extent), with an obvious performance penalty...

...or you can make native of individual software, which is the best option for efficiency and long-term reliability

greggameplayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wine is not an emulator, the name means literally that :D

You can either make a compatibility layer without emulation, like classic Wine; apart from the huge difficulty for little reward, it would be limited to ARM software in the first place...

...or you can make a full blown PC emulator (which DosBox is to a certain extent), with an obvious performance penalty...

...or you can make native of individual software, which is the best option for efficiency and long-term reliability
But individual software required more work than making linux working on PS Vita

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If there is a linux port we are able to run citra and some games like castle crashers, which currently there is no way or nobody want to code citra port and castle crashers port.

greggameplayer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And porting Linux requires a lot more effort than buying a Linux computer in the first place :) some of which outperform the PSTV while having a similiar size and being cheaper than PSTV + Dualshock
You are talking about raspberry pi.
But I think we can have the same power with ps tv overclocked and cooled.
Sony underclocked the processor normally the ps vita/ps tv processor are able to run at 0.8 GHz to 2 GHz stable.
I know but i want to ask it again because it's an old thread

Last edited by greggameplayer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one