Hacking Is there a way to get GBA ROMs to run on Acekard 2?

usafwilson

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a folder on my microSD card for my Acekard 2 and dropped a couple GBA roms in it. I set my Acekard 2 to show "all files" and it shows both of the roms along with an icon that says, "GBA Game".

When I try to click it it does nothing.

Is there a way to get these to run on the Acekard 2? Or do I need to get an emulator?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no emulator for GBA on a slot1 card, nor is there any way to run them that way. You need a slot2 card for GBA games.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The EZ 3in1 and eWin 2in1 are slot2 GBA expansion carts made specifically for playing GBA games stored on your slot1 microSD, and both will work in conjunction with the AK2 and the Bliss menu. They also work as extra memory required by the browser.

-Bri

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
usafwilson said:
So there is no emulator you can boot up in Acekard that runs GBA games?

Yet you can run SNES/NES games.. why?!
Because the DS isn't powerful enough, and I personally thought it is stupid to emulate GBA on a console that has the whole hardware in it. Although, when the DS is put into GBA mode, it can't reach any of SLOT1 features, hence roms on SLOT1 cannot be read, you will need a SLOT2 card to store the roms.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not quite accurate, Kellicross. With a slot1 cart and a slot2 GBA expansion cart, the GBA games are stored on the slot1 microSD card and then loaded to the slot2 cart in order to play them.

-Bri

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
Not quite accurate, Kellicross. With a slot1 cart and a slot2 GBA expansion cart, the GBA games are stored on the slot1 microSD card and then loaded to the slot2 cart in order to play them.

-Bri
Uh... maybe I worded it wrongly but my point is, the rom has to be loaded into a SLOT2 cart before you can play it, because all SLOT1 features are not reachable once the DS goes into GBA mode.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's true. Your wording made it sound as though the slot2 cart was used to store the roms. Sorry if I misunderstood.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool, lots of cool games available for PS3. Game on! +1