Hacking Is there a way to boot wad from SD card?

rsyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there a way to boot wads from SD card?

is there a software geckoOS-like that makes wad region free without using a PC?

thank you very much

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
wads are installed from the SD Card...but thats just it they have to be INSTALLED.

they can not be Booted like a game.

a WAD is an installation file if you will, and as far as i am aware you need your pc to regionfree your wads prior to install

however once Fors releases cSM this will no longer be a issue.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo were said to be working on firmware to allow people to play games from the SD card but there are some translations of interviews that seem to imply that all that Nintendo plan on letting us do is download onto our SD cards.

I'm hoping the translations are wrong or this cSM comes out soon, sick of reinstalling when I fancy playing something again.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Starfall can do the trick if you are on 3.2...!!!
smile.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Hadrian Uranium said:
Nintendo were said to be working on firmware to allow people to play games from the SD card but there are some translations of interviews that seem to imply that all that Nintendo plan on letting us do is download onto our SD cards.

I'm hoping the translations are wrong or this cSM comes out soon, sick of reinstalling when I fancy playing something again.

As far as I can make out....(in theory)

Nintendo will release "HomeBrewBrowser"
tongue.gif
of sorts.
It wil be a channel that will move things to and from and SD, and allow downloading straight to the SD Or just the option in the shop to download to SD.

Nintendo are also supposed to be addressing the lack of channel space for those that get smaller things like NES games, and have no actuall menu space to have them.

I don't expect much from Nintendo on either thing tbo. (Where's the new browser?)

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
Hadrian Uranium said:

As far as I can make out....(in theory)

Nintendo will release "HomeBrewBrowser"
tongue.gif
of sorts.
It wil be a channel that will move things to and from and SD, and allow downloading straight to the SD Or just the option in the shop to download to SD.

Nintendo are also supposed to be addressing the lack of channel space for those that get smaller things like NES games, and have no actuall menu space to have them.

I don't expect much from Nintendo on either thing tbo. (Where's the new browser?)

Nintendo is too busy selling consoles, controllers, liscenses etc to be bothered with improving the system. It's lifecycle is probably over half over now. It's been like 3 years now and we've got an updated photo channel and stupid nintendo channel videos. No new applications like DVD player or Media Streaming or anything for that matter. Without homebrew there would be a shitload of Wii's sitting collecting dust. Homebrew has given us everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up