Hardware Homebrew Is there a mod/plugin/THING for sleep mode?

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok, yes I DID somehow fully fix my 2DS Volume Slider and now I can adjust it to my heart's content (ignore that one blog post I made, I somehow ACTUALLY fixed it afterwards).
BUT the sleep switch is still dead and done for. And since opening it is literally impossible since some of the screws are stripped AF, I was wondering, is there anything to turn sleep mode on/off?

Again, I don't REALLY need this as I rarely need to put it to sleep mode because if I happen to want play coins, I can just mod them in. Just curious if it's possible.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tempting to answer with pictograms.
screw.jpegarrow.pngDrill_scheme.svg.png

In all seriousness, I know of no software supporting this in 3DS mode – doesn't mean it doesn't exist. At least it should be possible to implement, since some GBA games can trigger standby in a menu (and wake up the GBA with button combination). This works in Virtual Console injects. Waking up is also possible by opening the shell (sliding the switch on O2DS).

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok first, NO I AM NOT GOING BACK TO THE STRIPPED SCREW BUGALOO. I FIXED THE THING THAT BOTHERED ME, I'M DONE.(Besides, fixing the volume slider without fully opening the console might be one of my greatest achievements in life outside of wii sports resort perfect 3 point contest basketball score and perfect bowling score)

Second, oof, ok. Again, i was just curious. Not that if I don't fix sleep mode I'm gonna lose sleep or something (pun actually not intended i swear to god)

Third, yep it's weird that sleep mode in gba games ACTUALLY WORKS. (until you realize that nintendo uses the same cpu architecture in every god damn handheld so, native gba compatibility on the 3DS isn't something out of the ordinary lol.)

Again, thanks for all the help (in general). Have a good one :D
(just to clarify, i was ONLY curious, I didn't want this thing fixed ASAP or smth. I'm perfectly content with the condition my 2DS is in rn)

Someone else reading this: I have a sneaking suspicion that this guy may be curious.

Last edited by EpikJimmer,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
fixing the volume slider without fully opening the console might be one of my greatest achievements in life
At least it is a beginning. Having something repaired feels good.
Ok first, NO I AM NOT GOING BACK TO THE STRIPPED SCREW BUGALOO
You keep coming back to the topic, I keep coming back to "drill off the screw heads":creep:

The question is interesting though. I've never thought about triggering sleep mode in software before.

At least yours doesn't trigger standby at random. On Off On Off On Off… We have such examples as well, and that makes an O2DS pretty useless until the switch is either repaired or replaced.

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You keep coming back to the topic, I keep coming back to "drill off the screw heads":creep:
fair enough :/ btw if you're wondering what was wrong with the volume, turns out I had to push the internal volume slider with force towards the motherboard since it was a teeeny tiny bit off and YEP that suddenly worked! I'm gonna be honest here; this happening has lesser probability than winning a game of poker with a flush hand, so consider me lucky af.

At least yours doesn't trigger standby at random. On Off On Off On Off… We have such examples as well, and that makes an O2DS pretty useless until the switch is either repaired or replaced.
Lol, you wouldn't guess how many posts I saw refering to random sleep mode triggers while researching my issue :rofl:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse