Is there a CUE maker/generator for OGG Vorbis Audio Files?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone can help me, I would like to have a program that can make cue file that can detect ogg vorbis audio files. The reason for this is because I use it for playing sega cd games on genesis plus gx. Yes, the emulator can play sega cd games using ogg audio files instead of the standard wav as intended or even the mp3 that Kega Fusion can do. I prefer to do it this way to reduce the file size of them so they can fit on my SD Card when I use it on my wii.

I tested this with a game just to be sure it works. The process I use works but it goes like this.

• Obtain Sega CD Game in ISO/WAV file format
>> If Bin/CUE, use bchunk.exe program to convert to ISO/WAV
>> If ISO/WAVE came with cue, use it instead
  • Use encoder to convert WAV to OGG (Copy same specifications. 44100hz, 16bit, stereo)
  • Use notepad to edit cue file to rename all wav files to new ogg format.
  • Load using genesis plus gx.
As you can see, step four requires to manually edit the generated cue to the new ogg format. Knowing that sega cd games can have many tracks of varying degree, it could add some time to this process. I managed to reduce the work by generating a cue then just making edits. If I didn't, then writing all the file names out from scratch would have been a bit longer.

Most people probably wouldn't care to do this considering the lack of enthusiasm to play Sega CD games. Most prefer using the BIN/CUE which by default uses the standard wav file for uncompressed lossless audio quality that no one else but audiophile would notice a difference. I just want to be able to store more of them on my SD card. Lowering the file size at the cost of losing quality that I may not even notice doesn't bother me. But I guess considering genesis plus gx is the only emulator that does use ogg for audio compression. Lot is going against a program like this existing. Honestly it would be easier to just have the emulator support mp3 or some more common compression format. But, who knows. :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: knuckles vs broly could also be a good one tbh