ROM Hack is there a B/W Legality Checker??

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, a lot of things will make a Pokemon illegal... You don't need a legality checker, all you need is to follow a list of what not to do. Here's the ones I know:

1. Having the game English-patched.
2. Opening any Pokemon into Pokesav.
3. Using Action Replay cheats on your Pokemon.
4. I've heard catching a Pokemon with a Pokeball gotten with cheats does this too.
5. Any Pokemon on a copy of the game with the AP on.

That's all I know.. If you need the game English-patched to play it, then your Pokemon will be 100% illegal until the English version comes out in 2011, so the rest of that is rendered null for now.

Kasumi Yawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Inunah said:
Well, a lot of things will make a Pokemon illegal... You don't need a legality checker, all you need is to follow a list of what not to do. Here's the ones I know:

1. Having the game English-patched.
2. Opening any Pokemon into Pokesav.
3. Using Action Replay cheats on your Pokemon.
4. I've heard catching a Pokemon with a Pokeball gotten with cheats does this too.
5. Any Pokemon on a copy of the game with the AP on.

That's all I know.. If you need the game English-patched to play it, then your Pokemon will be 100% illegal until the English version comes out in 2011, so the rest of that is rendered null for now.

All Pokémon catch with EnglishPatch are legit/legal if you don't use cheat (with pokesav or AR or anything else). Personally, I want use pokesav, so, that's why I need legitchecker
tongue.gif

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Which is why 2,3 and 4 could be,1 and 5 not.

Reasons :

I'm using an English+AP patch,pokemons that were legally caught in-game and never edited,work fine on random wi-fi matches.

Pokemons that were slightly edited,and i have a huge experience with pokesav,DC me.

epic_cookie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1 and 5 are legal. Go to youtube, most of the wifi battles are with on an english patched game and they probably do have AP fix.
Id say that is pretty legal.

Pokesav. Its doubtful its legal. What happened to the good old days of pokemon when you had to endlessly go up and down Solaceon Town and Goldenrod Town, for a perfect pokemon
yaynds.gif

But if you are short on time, then you can use pokesav: but with legal stats but many gaming communities ie smogon (who make the rules and tiers), do not endorse pokesav, so if you are battling someone from there: you are going to get abuse.

Kasumi Yawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested something

On PokeSav, if you want to keep your pokemon legal
You can edit
- EV (not IV !)
- MoveSet (I don't try to edit with eggmove, so I'll edit later)
- Open a Pokémon with Pokesav (but be careful)

If you change that, Pokemon will be hacked
- IV and/or nature (without a good PID), it will hacked -PokeSav don't give good PID yet, or I missed something-
- Sex or Special Ability

No test yet
- eggmove on a legit pokemon breeded / on a legit catch
- change type of catch ball

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kasumi Yawa said:
I tested something

You can edit
- EV (not IV !)

- IV and/or nature (without a good PID), it will hacked -PokeSav don't give good PID yet, or I missed something-
- Sex or Special Ability

No test yet

There isn't a confirmed list,for different people it's different,there are people that say that they edited only IV's and EV's and the Random Match accepted their pokemons,there are people that say that even with in-game caught pokemons it won't let them on.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Ra1d said:
Kasumi Yawa said:
I tested something

You can edit
- EV (not IV !)

- Sex or Special Ability

No test yet

There isn't a confirmed list,for different people it's different,there are people that say that they edited only IV's and EV's and the Random Match accepted their pokemons,there are people that say that even with in-game caught pokemons it won't let them on.
I've seen reports that just opening a pokemon in pokesav makes them illegal. Or maybe that was with the v1 patch.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
I've seen reports that just opening a pokemon in pokesav makes them illegal. Or maybe that was with the v1 patch.

completely false.

and, no, no legality checker. jesus, the games just came out, i've never seen a more impatient bunch of people.

the pokes are generated differently this time, a lot of stuff has to be figured out before anything like a legality checker will be showing up.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please people, stop spouting BS. If you define legal as acceptable for tournaments/accepted by the game and its facilities then any save editor out there should be perfectly capable of making legal pokemon; the human factor is a much more likely cause for concern.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poryhack said:
Please people, stop spouting BS. If you define legal as acceptable for tournaments/accepted by the game and its facilities then any save editor out there should be perfectly capable of making legal pokemon; the human factor is a much more likely cause for concern.

i thought the save editors couldn't yet because the pids were generated a different way that no one had implemented yet? or perhaps i'm the one you're telling to stop spouting bs?

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bond697 said:
i thought the save editors couldn't yet because the pids were generated a different way that no one had implemented yet? or perhaps i'm the one you're telling to stop spouting bs?
You're correct, assuming that there really is a definite mathematic link as there has been before. You have to consider that this link wasn't planned; they were going for complete a complete lack of relationship between PID and IVs and got something that wasn't quite there. Apparently they succeed with the 4th generation mystery gift pokemon algorithm.

At any rate, this doesn't stop somebody from copying the PID and IV set off of a regular wild-caught B/W pokemon and pasting it onto a fabricated pokemon they want to look wild caught.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poryhack said:
Bond697 said:
You're correct, assuming that there really is a definite mathematic link as there has been before. You have to consider that this link wasn't planned; they were going for complete a complete lack of relationship between PID and IVs and got something that wasn't quite there. Apparently they succeed with the 4th generation mystery gift pokemon algorithm.

At any rate, this doesn't stop somebody from copying the PID and IV set off of a regular wild-caught B/W pokemon and pasting it onto a fabricated pokemon they want to look wild caught.

that's pretty interesting. it never occurred to me that the link wasn't intended. i just figured the wondercard stuff was like that to somehow make creating them easier/simpler for gamefreak/nintendo.

you're right about c/p-ing, but it seems like a lot of the people doing it are going for really good ivs which is screwing the pkm up. reusing the pid/ivs sure makes it easy to test out stuff like the version exclusives from the other color, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Ohhh. NSFW!!!! https://youtu.be/q3C3ceUYXRY?feature=shared