Hacking is their a way to change name on VC title

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ask this because I origionally got the super smash bros wad when wads were first able to be hacked

as a result it has the sin and punishment background and name when clicked on

is their a way to change either of these short of getting a new wad?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
chaseincats said:
I ask this because I origionally got the super smash bros wad when wads were first able to be hacked

as a result it has the sin and punishment background and name when clicked on

is their a way to change either of these short of getting a new wad?

Sure there are several ways to do this. Mostly with U8 tool, ShowMiiWads or hex editing.

Best way for you is to send me a link to the wad via PM and I´m gonna edit it for you ;-)

Or I´m gonna tell you how it works.

Just PM me.

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it years ago and since then all the new wads for smash have the correct banner/backdrop etc

so could you explain the method?

EDIT: just looked around it seems that showmiiwads is a PC tool and I dont have the wad anymore

is their a homebrew utility where i could do this for the already installed wad?

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
chaseincats said:
I got it years ago and since then all the new wads for smash have the correct banner/backdrop etc

so could you explain the method?

EDIT: just looked around it seems that showmiiwads is a PC tool and I dont have the wad anymore

is their a homebrew utility where i could do this for the already installed wad?

Honestly, I dont know if there is a Homebrew app which can do this with an installed wad but I doubt there is any.

U got PM!

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Ok, you could use the app Wad creator or Bluedump to create a wad from your installed Super Smash Brothers(which mostly will appear as Sin and Punishment when looking for the data).

Here in the forums is a thread for Bluedump, look for it, install Bluedump, dump the game to your SD(its a wad then) and then you can go on and edit it, or send it to me. After this you simply install it again and all banners and title should be displayed correct.

IDK but possibly the save game manager could extract the save you made from your Wii to your SD card, give it a try too.

Link to Savegame manager:
Code:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Manager

Link to Blue Dump:
Code:
http://shadybrew.myfail.net/index.php?title=BlueDump

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-