Hacking Question Is their a slim chance my V2 switch can be hacked?

RRuler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i believe Xecuter's SX Core modchip , would be able to hack your switch . All tho i've heard they are quite rare now a days

This would be the only way.
Though as he said they are really really rare and if you find one it will be pretty expensive.

Guess other than that you can just hope that someone will develop and sell a new modchip, though after the lawsuit against Xecuter I think that is unlikely.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be the only way.
Though as he said they are really really rare and if you find one it will be pretty expensive.

Guess other than that you can just hope that someone will develop and sell a new modchip, though after the lawsuit against Xecuter I think that is unlikely.
TaoBao has clones already just wait um 3 months and they will start to show up on aliexpess

BigBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The clones are already on Aliexpress. Prices are like 3x to 4x of what the original was, might as well buy a patched system instead.

BigBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's on Aliexpress, just search for sx core. The sellers are selling them for $200. Probably not a good idea to post direct links for nintey to find.

Coolcreeper1760

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i live in the UK so the Xecuter's lawsuit might not effect me also i'm not taking my switch apart and risk breaking it along with that i have no skill of soldiering and i don't want to break my warranty

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also i'm not spending over like £100

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i live in the UK so the Xecuter's lawsuit might not effect me also i'm not taking my switch apart and risk breaking it along with that i have no skill of soldiering and i don't want to break my warranty

Your argument with not speding 100 bucks considering your intentions (maybe just for one title, but most of us also had the same intentions at a time), I think this is quite a steal.
Considering you don't wanna risk breaking your unit, well yeah that's why all people recommend to let it be done by professionals if you don't do this stuff either as hobby or like study electronics or alike (like the friend that did it, succesfully, for me).

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Option 1. SX Core = unobtainable
Option 2. SX Core clone = $130 on Aliexpress

Good luck.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North

Taking Switches apart is easy but I wouldn't try this if you can't solder. Installs used to cost ~£50-£60 (depending on the installer, I knew three in the UK) but you had to provide the chip yourself. Weather the cost is worth it is up to you but imo it's worth the money. As others have said it might be cheaper to just buy an unpatched console though. Try to get an original SX Core if you do decide to get one, we still haven't seen anyone using one of the clones afaik so we don't know what the quality is like.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
their selling core/lite sx clones that only run atmos but their price is ouch and who knows if/when nintendo/tencent acts on this i mean rcm loader is banned in the US

Can run both. Its all off payload.bin. Just how they advertised it since no embedded license.

BigBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Taking Switches apart is easy but I wouldn't try this if you can't solder. Installs used to cost ~£50-£60 (depending on the installer, I knew three in the UK) but you had to provide the chip yourself. Weather the cost is worth it is up to you but imo it's worth the money. As others have said it might be cheaper to just buy an unpatched console though. Try to get an original SX Core if you do decide to get one, we still haven't seen anyone using one of the clones afaik so we don't know what the quality is like.

Some guy already posted a youtube video about the new clone. It's apparently harder to install the clone due to some gap on one of the soldering points.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
their selling core/lite sx clones that only run atmos but their price is ouch and who knows if/when nintendo/tencent acts on this i mean rcm loader is banned in the US
The RCMLoader isn't banned in the US u can get it from Amazon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: