Hacking is the wii 2GB SD card limitaion removed on a fully softmodded wii ?

Tuddles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my wii is v4.2 fully softmodded and all upto date, can I use a card bigger then 2GB as I know that's the wii limit, and if I can do I need to do or use anything for it to work?

ty

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii System Menu 4.0 and higher allows for the use of SDHC. You don't have to do anything for it to work.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use 8GB's in mine and it works fine :)

Just keep a 2GB or under card around for non SDHC stuff just in case (you never know when they could come in handy!)

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
One thing to keep in mind is that SD compatibility is determined on a per-title basis, so older disc games still won't work with SDHC (Rock Band 2 was a big one where that was frustrated). However, any recent disc games and any even remotely up-to-date homebrew should support it.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some apps wont read my sdhc card like G0DLike's Sega CD SRL injects, they will only load on non sdhc cards. For other programs using an sd card usb reader usualy does the trick and will load sdhc through usb just fine.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
When I load up Homebrew channel, sometimes my 8GB SDHC SD card is detected, and sometimes not. I usually have to eject it, and put it back in to launch an app. This gets really annoying. Any workarounds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year