Hacking Is the vita brick safe?

Alex4nder001

Part-time thug
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I rarely dedicate a an entire thread to my question, but that aside...
With the PSP, you could use a Pandora battery to unbrick (but it had to be the original PSP) and with other consoles (like the wii/3ds) you could do a NAND backup/ restore. Is it possible to do any of this with the ps vita (or at least back up the NAND)? If there is then is there any specific model I need to do this? I'm planning on buying a vita soon to install henkaku on, and I want to make sure nothing goes wrong and I dont just throw away my hard-earned money

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the PSP, you could use a Pandora battery to unbrick (but it had to be the original PSP) and with other consoles (like the wii/3ds) you could do a NAND backup/ restore. Is it possible to do any of this with the ps vita (or at least back up the NAND)? If there is then is there any specific model I need to do this? I'm planning on buying a vita soon to install henkaku on, and I want to make sure nothing goes wrong and I dont just throw away my hard-earned money
Well vita isn't brick safe and afaik there is no backup nand methods

yifan_lu

@yifanlu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't run anything that touches os0 and you're safe.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Source? If there was a software method, I'm sure it would have already been covered by here, wololo, etc.
I know you can normally reinstall the OS from recovery if you can boot that (which depends only on parts of os0, while most system files (apps) "typically" worth modding are in vs0)

*snipped quote to removed post*

Last edited by porkiewpyne,

SKGleba

O ja pierdole!
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Source? If there was a software method, I'm sure it would have already been covered by here, wololo, etc.
1) All is on dev wiki
2) Why covered?
3) This may interest you: ~~link remved~~
The problem is not backup, the problem is restore, (especially if no os0)
+ you cant downgrade with older fw nand dump (hw/sw).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know you can normally reinstall the OS from recovery if you can boot that (which depends only on parts of os0, while most system files (apps) "typically" worth modding are in vs0)
Actually recovery is an interesting thing, it ignores sysmodule modules load (vs0:sys/)

Last edited by SKGleba,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @btjunior, you act like if you were about 10