Hacking Is the SC dstwo really worth the price?

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
There are lists on bug reporting thread which I have no idea why they made that thread if they are not gonna fix any of the requests. Well actually they did one or two in first few days...

if these threads really exist, care to link us to a couple?

and as far as the DSTwo being able to conquer updates- the supercard team has proven their reliability as to getting firmware working. unless nintendo does something radical, it's unlikely the supercard team will be completely blocked, and even if they were, they would find a way through it. the difference in technology between the r4i gold and the scdstwo that rydian mentioned is a testament to something - the longevity of this cart.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Did a quick scan, some of them are bug reports with cheat codes on and there's even bug reports for non-DS games (NDSGBA and such). :\

If anybody wants to try some of the ROMs people are reporting as wrong and confirm it's an issue with the DSTwo's EoS (opposed to the multitude of other issues people hit, mainly shitty MicroSD cards and corrupt ROMs), we could send in legit reports to the team (assuming stuff is actually found to not work right in patch mode).

kimboogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if these threads really exist, care to link us to a couple?

and as far as the DSTwo being able to conquer updates- the supercard team has proven their reliability as to getting firmware working. unless nintendo does something radical, it's unlikely the supercard team will be completely blocked, and even if they were, they would find a way through it. the difference in technology between the r4i gold and the scdstwo that rydian mentioned is a testament to something - the longevity of this cart.

Sorry. I should have posted the link too. Here is the link.
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-11017-3-1.html

... like what?

I'm sorry again. The link above is the list and post #30 by RetroGameFan has most of the bug reports.

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
Did a quick scan, some of them are bug reports with cheat codes on and there's even bug reports for non-DS games (NDSGBA and such). :\

If anybody wants to try some of the ROMs people are reporting as wrong and confirm it's an issue with the DSTwo's EoS (opposed to the multitude of other issues people hit, mainly shitty MicroSD cards and corrupt ROMs), we could send in legit reports to the team (assuming stuff is actually found to not work right in patch mode).

*sigh* people amaze me sometimes... and I thought I was the stupid one XD You're exactly right. I really do see this happening.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There is no beating the DSTWO. The price is very reasonable, and there's a very good reason for it: the onboard CPU.

For the price of one game cartridge, you're not going to ever have to worry about issues with firmware updates, as SC team updates within a week or so, which is really fast. Almost every other flashcart to date has just about died out. Also, you're gonna get a host of great features such as slot 1 GBA emulation and an inbuilt CPU. I got the DSTwo at launch as a review unit and it's been the go to unit by far, even today. I still use it constantly! :) So, do yourself a favor and don't gimp out on it! :)
As far as firmware updates go it's more like a day. They have a firmware update out before you even have the chance to think "man, I wish I could access the eShop right now". Can't get any better than that :)

I promise you that was not what I meant lol. I am really not technologically adept in terms of tech speak like Rydian here lol. I have owned one of each major flashcard (Supercard DSOnei, EX4i, Cyclo DSi, EZ Flash, R4, the R4i series, the R4i CN series, the EZ Flash 3 in 1, iSmart, and the iPlayer) and of them all the DSTwo has stood the test of time even after 4 years in terms of updatability. Even though my post may have sounded like it, I never meant to say that the cartridge was basically invincible to anything, I don't think anything's gonna be like that. Mine was from the very first batch to arrive out of the Supercard manufacturing factories. I sincerely apologize for the confusion I may have caused you!
You forgot about M3, DS-Xtreme (lol), and several others :P

kimboogie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really sorry for not posting link and thanks Vengenceonu for posting link. The post #30 by RetroGameFan has most of bug reports.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no beating the DSTWO. The price is very reasonable, and there's a very good reason for it: the onboard CPU.

As far as firmware updates go it's more like a day. They have a firmware update out before you even have the chance to think "man, I wish I could access the eShop right now". Can't get any better than that :)

You forgot about M3, DS-Xtreme (lol), and several others :P

Yeah, had the M3 and DS-X too. All of the real big manufacturers, including the infamous NinjaPass which I gave to my friend. You know what I mean. ;) They're fucking reliable as hell. I honestly can't believe they come up with updates like that either. :P

Reactions: Xarsah16

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, had the M3 and DS-X too. All of the real big manufacturers, including the infamous NinjaPass which I gave to my friend. You know what I mean. ;) They're fucking reliable as hell. I honestly can't believe they come up with updates like that either. :P

Stop being sarcastic! :P I know you're joking but the n00bs will believe you and then we'd have more problems on our hands. We would be flooded with "Hey! I bought a DSTT for $5 and I can't get it working! HALP!" topics XD

I'm still waiting for the day when someone asks "Oh, so a DSTT isn't a DSTwo?" because the names are so similar XD

mylesofsmiles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a SuperCard DSTWO this morning. I mostly bought it because of the good track record for updates; and the fact that you could emulate GBA games with it helps too. I was using an Acekard 2i until I sold it with my old DS Lite and upgraded my 3DS XL firmware to 6.1.0-11U. This flashcard should do the job until newer 3DS (ie Gateway 3DS) flashcards are released.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop being sarcastic! :P I know you're joking but the n00bs will believe you and then we'd have more problems on our hands. We would be flooded with "Hey! I bought a DSTT for $5 and I can't get it working! HALP!" topics XD

I'm still waiting for the day when someone asks "Oh, so a DSTT isn't a DSTwo?" because the names are so similar XD

I shit you not. I have been a reviewer for several years now and have not paid a DIME for my flashcarts. The only carts I have covered in reviews are the major manufacturers post R4 DS. On the site that the reviews are on I go by shadowhunter.

Do you see all of these links? I have covered these and more in my official career. This is only the really good stuff though. The major stuff. But I have covered every major manufacturer post R4-DS, and have owned almost every single cart in some way, shape, or form. So, please do not call me out as some sort of jokester. I have literally been lurking since 2005, and I took up an official position as a reviewer elsewhere in the summer of 2008. ;)

EDIT: Due to the massive influx of flashcarts and review gear that I accrued over the years, I actually ended up raffling them out to people within my hometown who were interested in such devices. It all went to good use, too!

Xarsah16

Trophies
XP
Country
I shit you not. I have been a reviewer for several years now and have not paid a DIME for my flashcarts.

You lucky duck. When HW44 stopped being supported on my AK2i, it was then I decided to splurge and go with a DSTwo about a year ago... best decision I ever made.

R4i Gold is great, but given the amount of clones that exist, I wouldn't trust an R4 card unless almost *everyone* swears by it. Which the majority of R4 users do - the Gold is a great budget cart, even if it relies on pcb snipping. AK2i was my budget cart, but you know how that ended. ^^

EZ Flash - I've heard nothing but awesome stories about that. Always wanted to own one, but my DSTwo does the job.

Nyko PowerPak - I have two on each of my 3DSs, and I love them, never had a problem with them. I don't see how my 3DS would survive without them XD

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You lucky duck. When HW44 stopped being supported on my AK2i, it was then I decided to splurge and go with a DSTwo about a year ago... best decision I ever made.

R4i Gold is great, but given the amount of clones that exist, I wouldn't trust an R4 card unless almost *everyone* swears by it. Which the majority of R4 users do - the Gold is a great budget cart, even if it relies on pcb snipping. AK2i was my budget cart, but you know how that ended. ^^

EZ Flash - I've heard nothing but awesome stories about that. Always wanted to own one, but my DSTwo does the job.

Nyko PowerPak - I have two on each of my 3DSs, and I love them, never had a problem with them. I don't see how my 3DS would survive without them XD

I sent you a PM, don't wanna clog this thread too hard. Anyways, I apologize for the thread hijack. Carry on!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ