Gaming Is the pokewalker worth it?

omegaultima

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the new heartgold and soulsilver game comes with a pokewalker where I can interact with w/e pokemon, train by walking, and various other functions.
I wondering if you guys think it's worth 40 bucks to get it just for the pedometer. If not, do you know where I can buy a separate one for cheap?

Wallydraigle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you find one you won't be able to use it unless you buy the game, because there's an IR port on the cart itself that it uses to interface with the pokewalker.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really think it's worth it. All the Poké Walker does is lets you carry it around with a Pokémon inside it to get Exp, right? Unless you're some kind of Pokémon Game Collector, then yeah. Overall, it's pretty much not worth it. You might as well PiRaTE the Game.

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It seems like a funny little gadget to me, but, when are yuo goingto use it? I bet you ain't 11 anymore and don't go out with your Pokéwalker in your pocket. Am I right?

DeepFriedAsian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to get the most out of your game, then it should be worth it. You can do a lot with the Pokewalker, like
-Send Pokemon over to raise their level and happiness as you walk
-Unlock different "areas" where you can actually catch Pokemon on the go
-Get rare items using the itemfinder, which you can then transfer to the main game
-Use the IR port to communicate with other friends who have a Pokewalker to trade items and such
-Play minigames
My knowledge is limited since I've never actually used one, but that's what I've heard about it. You can read more here:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9walker

Also, there's quite a few games that go for $40 that don't even come with anything. I played through SoulSilver, and in my opinion, these games are worth more than that (But that just may be my nostalgia talking).

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I plain to pre-order both, then pick up the figures, then return the game and get most of my money back.
Well, I think I might keep them both. One will be boxed up and never opened. The other one will be for the Poke-walker.

Nevermind...I had no idea that the Pokewalker used IR that was right on the cartridge. I thought it used the Wi-Fi of the system.
I'll just return the games after obtaining the pre-order figures.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, there was another game that all it was, was a simple pedometer/step count game. I think, it was around $30 USD. Paying $10 for a more "developed" pedometer + a pretty awesome game is worth it, in my opinion of course.

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I honestly wouldn't buy it unless you are a Pokemon game collector
smile.gif

But I am one O_O

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can just get about anything with pokesav so I say no
not worth it

though if you wanna see real investment
buy the game, dont open it (and save the figurine if you preordered it)
wait a few years then put it on ebay for $250

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna have to differ from the rest of the thread, I think it is worth it. The PokeWalker allows you to access the courses, giving you access to a cornucopia of Pokemon that are rare and in some cases unheard of.

If you're not into that, pirate. I'm only buying Heart Gold for this reason. It'll make happiness evolutions a whole lot easier.

zero1221

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try and catch-em-all like I did in my childhood. No, Pokesav for me this time.
It will also make me feel like my morning walks are worth it, since you know good health is overrated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on