Is the HTC WP8 S hackable?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by Plasma Shadow, May 8, 2013.

1. Plasma Shadow
    OP

Plasma Shadow GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform

May 15, 2009
    I have no fucking idea.
    My friend has a WP8 phone, and its hacked s o i was wondering if the HTCWP8 could be too.

Ive searched online and no avail, was hoping someone here can give me advice xD

(He used Interop, is this compatable with my phone?)

2. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Hacked in what way? What are you trying to achieve?

3. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    your more than likely looking for the wrong thing

IPhones get "Jailbroken"
    all other phones get "Rooted"

phones dont get "HACKED", unless your a seedy newspaper company that doesn't know the terms

4. Sop

Sop groovy dude lmao

Banned
    Nov 14, 2010
    qld
    iPhones get 'rooted' too, it's just not called that because most jailbreak software also installs Cydia.

5. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    I wouldn't think the term for a windows phone is 'rooted'... that wouldn't make much sense.

6. trigger_ftu

trigger_ftu The FantomPhox

Nov 23, 2008
    United States
    Germany
    to root gives root priorities. i.e full software and hardware control.-linux/open source Delvik system
    jailbreak gives you right to the storage system and the ability to run unsigned code. -unix/Closed source

as for windows phones there is no "hack" i'm not entirely sure if the windows phone can run in any form of developer mode, i've read about someone that obtained administrative rights with windows 8 RT but that is all. (at the point of responding i personally have no clue will research this)