Gaming Is the ds download play on 3ds region locked?

albertomorais05

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again. I recently i tried to download play a game from r4: Mario Kart Ds. And after receiving all the info the Nintendo icon of download play turned a little bit gray and it crashed.What it means? Is download play region locked or anything else?

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
DS Download play is region locked for some games. However Mario Kart DS shouldn't be one of them. Try again or check the rom to see if it isn't corrupted or anything.
Which R4 flashcard do you own?

Sent from my 1DS with B9S using Discord Nitro

Last edited by Mr.Faq2015,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As always, DS games are region free and DSi ones are region locked...

...but! There is a grand total of 0 commercial games that can send a DSi-mode multiboot rom, or so I heard

Your problem is most likely due to the sending console using a patched rom (some flashcard features such as cheats, savestates, softreset, ... may count as patching)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works between a fat ds and 3ds using download play and r4i gold. Maybe try upgrading your kernel/os on the flash card along with the other suggestions above.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Do you have any cfw installed on the 3DS?
Not gonna lie, tried to test out of curiosity and I found out I'm having the same issue with MKDS and Tetris DS on an R4i Gold Pro 2013 (clone one, present from a friend, screw this part). I'd need to do further testing as Download Play actually works with other games like Tetris Party Deluxe and Bomberman...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D