Homebrew Is the banwave over?

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Do we have any confirmation that the huge banwave targeting CFW users (and userland exploits) is over? I would like to know because I have a friend code seed that I don't want to get instantly banned with.
Yes the ban wave is still active as i jjst installed bootstrap and my ds was instantly banned and this was 20 minutes ago if that

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally believe the ban waves won't end. Even if they stop for a while, they will continue it later. Why would they stop now when they have us against the ropes.
Online play for CFW users is done.

Reactions: zeldaism

DarkSeele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not banned
*MH4U N3ds XL
*OFW 9.2U
*Menuhax + BrickWay-old luma w/EmuNand 11.2U
*Downloaded a bunch of shit on ol' freeshop and CIAngel
*Never used the new freeShop
*Save editing
*Accessed eShop
*I have an NNID
*Spotpass and "Send system information" was disabled many moons ago
*"Show friends what you're playing" ON
*I have been playing Monster Hunter 4U and MHXX all day
*Not banned(Yet)

Y'all knew what you were in for.
The Platinum Age was short boys, now were in the end days. :P

tehrzky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No! God damn stop with theories that are debunked over like a 100 threads ago. You aren't even safe on Menuhax.

im still on a9hl and everything is fine. i can download on freeshop.. (i hope nothing will happen in following day)

and after the b9s sighax released nintendo ban wave has increased. or is just coincident only. im not sure. just my opinion.

Last edited by tehrzky,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
im still on a9hl and everything is fine. i can download on freeshop.. (i hope nothing will happen in following day)
It have nothing todo with it except for online gaming.
You won't be "safe" on A9LH since we don't know WHAT is causing the bans.

TribstyAnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

and after the b9s sighax released nintendo ban wave has increased. or is just coincident only. im not sure. just my opinion.

1.) The ban only targets official Nintendo apps and servers. You can still run all CFW apps that need internet access. Plus the ban does NOT block access to the eshop. I can testify to this, as my personal system is banned.

2.) That could be part of it, but there are a BUNCH of factors right around this time. The release of Sighax/Boot9strap, the release of Fire Emblem echoes (a large profile game), the announcement and upcoming launch of the "New" 2ds XL, and the upcoming release of more first-party games.

ArturDat3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's actually what I am testing for, I already unbanned my system once before.
I have several goat systems laying around that I can get a new friend seed b from

That won't work. You need the friend seed b from system that hasn't been banned. Otherwise the friend seed b from your NAND will be the same as the banned one and thus stay banned.
Any news in regards to your goat systems?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have 2 consoles with B9S and 1 with A9LH and none of them are banned, yet™. So the "It's B9S/SigHax that is getting people banned!" theory is bullshit, please stop. People are getting banned on all CFWs(well the ones still being used by most) across the board. You're not safe on any CFW because no one knows indefinitely what or how Nintendo is gaining the data in order to ban people.

Mansize

GBATemp Hardware
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm also still unbanned. Been installing backup/injected VC games like crazy since I recently hacked my system (N3DSXL / 11.4 / boot9strap), and was wondering, could it be dangerous to activate "share informations about play with Ninty"? Keep confusing the message with the "Want to enable save states" prompt. -_-.

fedehda

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm also still unbanned. Been installing backup/injected VC games like crazy since I recently hacked my system (N3DSXL / 11.4 / boot9strap), and was wondering, could it be dangerous to activate "share informations about play with Ninty"? Keep confusing the message with the "Want to enable save states" prompt. -_-.
In fact, we still don't know what caused the banwave. But people is saying that we should have turned that off

Alexyogos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone with A9lh been banned? If not, I believe B9S might probably have been an inside job from Hacker Bounty. That or someone finally gave pointers to Nintendo on how to figure it out.

All hack claims I've seen seem to be originate from those who've updated to 11.4 AND updated to B9S as well. But then again, it is the latest firmware so it would an expectation that most users would have updated to b9s and 11.4

But if A9lh users on 11.3 (Eg.: Me) don't get banned then I am quite sure I am correct on this. I just use ctr-httpwn to play online. Since I heard it was patched on 11.4 I decided to stay on 11.3 where everything (seemed) to be normal.

I haven't played online in a bit, and I am slighlty affraid to check.

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone with A9lh been banned? If not, I believe B9S might probably have been an inside job from Hacker Bounty. That or someone finally gave pointers to Nintendo on how to figure it out.

All hack claims I've seen seem to be originate from those who've updated to 11.4 AND updated to B9S as well. But then again, it is the latest firmware so it would an expectation that most users would have updated to b9s and 11.4

But if A9lh users on 11.3 (Eg.: Me) don't get banned then I am quite sure I am correct on this. I just use ctr-httpwn to play online. Since I heard it was patched on 11.4 I decided to stay on 11.3 where everything (seemed) to be normal.

I haven't played online in a bit, and I am slighlty affraid to check.

A9LH users have also been banned, so I doubt it has anything to do with B9S.
The only thing that B9S did was that it made Nintendo realize their updates are hopeless, and so their crybaby ass decided to ban everyone.

Alexyogos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A9LH users have also been banned, so I doubt it has anything to do with B9S.
The only thing that B9S did was that it made Nintendo realize their updates are hopeless, and so their crybaby ass decided to ban everyone.

Well, then what happens if you somehow change your FC to a Nintendo Employee's FC? :^)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya