Is that possible to set a initial/default app for HBC

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by kosiko, May 31, 2009.

1. kosiko
    OP

Newcomer kosiko Member

Canada
    Hi guys,

I am trying to setup the wii to as simply as possible in the USB LOADER(s) scenario. Now I have preloader to the wii boot to HBC when it starts (I don't need system menu at all I think). However, I have some APPS in the HBC don't like to let kids run or as some of them maybe dangerous. It would be nice if I can set the HBC to run the initial app, like USB LOADER GX 1.0. This way when the wii boot up, it will run USB LOADER GX 1.0 directly in my case.

Any idea how to achieve this goal? I bet someone else has the same need as I have here, which is too build the simple game console, just choose game and then play !

Thanks

2. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Preloader 0.29 will allow you to run a specific file/app at startup instead of going straight to the SystemMenu or HomeBrew.

3. kosiko
    OP

Newcomer kosiko Member

Canada
    I did aware that. But seems it will need to install the .dol / .elf file to NAND, am I correctly? If that's true then this way is not convenience if you like to change the default apps.

4. Eddie_Brock

Member Eddie_Brock GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'll be honest that I haven't had the need to try it out... You may have to ask someone who has used this feature.

Something that may be worth a shot is a Forwarder Channel for a USB Launcher. Install the .wad for the forwarder, put your favorite loader in the appropriate folder, and see if you can direct Preloader to the channel. That way you would be able to replace the contents of the loader folder whenever you want to change up.

5. kosiko
    OP

Newcomer kosiko Member

Canada

Sounds doable. Any suggestion on choose a forwarder? Seems more than 1 USB forwarder available.

Thanks
    Kosiko

6. kosiko
    OP

Newcomer kosiko Member

Canada
    Eddie,

I was misunderstand your post above. That's not the way I need. Your suggest is you still need to click the USB LOADER CHANNEL/FORWARDER from the system menu, and then couple click to the real USB Loader, also has chance to have users to change wii setting from system menu by mistake. I am looking for a communication method to submit the feature request to HBC dev team.

Thanks

K.

7. Bloodlust

Member Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

Hong Kong
    To me, anything that needs to be written to NAND (except for hacks.ini) in preloader seems to be a risk...

8. kosiko
    OP

Newcomer kosiko Member

Canada
    Agree. So, I try to avoid install too many WAD, utilize SD card will be the best solution. Also as HBC will check SD:/apps for applications, it should be easy for dev team to add the function that load HBC.ini from SD:/apps/ too. Just need to find a way to send my request. [​IMG]

9. kosiko
    OP

Newcomer kosiko Member

Canada
    UP.

still do not find a way to submit the feature request, any idea?

Thanks