is super antispyware good

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by metal079, Mar 4, 2011.

1. metal079
    OP

metal079 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2011
    United States
    I was wondering if super antipyware any good at detecting spyware.

2. twiztidsinz

twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

Dec 23, 2008
    United States
    Don't post things multiple times... Your question was already answered:
    Never heard of it... and that's typically not a good thing, especially when there are known good and proven alternatives:

MalwareBytes
    Spybot S&D
    Ad-Aware

3. metal079
    OP

metal079 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2011
    United States
    thanks and sorry about multiple post

4. Oveneise

Oveneise GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 22, 2010
    United States
    Minnesota
    Sounds like a phoney. I personally would go for my combination of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and Avira Antivirus.

5. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    One word about SpyBot - it uses a different method to detecting malware than most software - instead of scanning every file, it has a signature of 3/4 of a million malware and scans for each one. Naturally this means it's useless to new malware or morphological malware. I discovered that last week after dealing with a computer with a single malware on it (rogue anti-virus malware - pretended to be 28 other viruses and offer to clean it for a fee) that it could not detect (even when I told it to specifically scan the folder that I knew it was in - my uncommon sense is superior to SpyBot).

Note the difference between viruses and malware.

EDIT: I should also mention that Ad-Aware has been getting less effective over the last few years. I used to love it (it was the only program I used up until I got a free version of Kaspersky), but I've noticed how more and more malware would be missed by its scans. Malwarebytes is more effective now.

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    SUPER is legit and good.

The reason it's not heard of is because shortly after it came out Malwarebytes eclipsed it.

7. SmokeFox

SmokeFox Jesus Christ is the Lord

Dec 27, 2010
    Brazil
    Brazil
    I think it is good too. I like.

8. I2aven's_Sag

I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Northern Virginia
    Super Anti Spywares/Malwarebytes & Combo fix tend to be some of the top choices for enthusiasts. so +1