Hardware Is StreetPass data saved on the system or SD?

HibikiRush

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to exchange my 3DS and am wondering if there is any way to transfer over the Miis from MiiPlaza/StreetPass? Is this data stored on the system or the SD card?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
May update most likely.
Maybe later, but the data manager will allow it at some point.

All streetpass data is store on your SD card, but miis and stuff are/n't.
They're locked to your friend code or system as far as I can tell.

I think they are partly stored on SD, but they're also stored on the system so when you put in your SD card you'll need to make your personal mii and import other mii's from qr or whatever.

The actual streetpass hits and puzzle pieces are also stored on the system, not SD.
For cart games, the outcome of the hits is stored on the cart, so for games stored on the system the cart is the system itself.

Nichael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
May update most likely.
Maybe later, but the data manager will allow it at some point.
So does that mean that the data manager will include even the Streetpass hits for Mii Plaza, or just provide an easy way to transfer already transferable data? I'm in the same situation as HibikiRush, and am really curious as to whether or not I should wait to exchange my 3DS after the May update so I can transfer Mii Plaza data or not.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Their website says that it will transfer software between 3ds hardware (change ownership of 3dsware and vc for example), but nobody has said if it will transfer saves for those 3dsware although we know dsiware saves will likely be nontransferable.

Some people who sent their 3ds in for repair got back new ones with their data on them, that's where I'm thinking "maybe in may".

Nichael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll wait and see what happens with the May update. It can't be that far off now after all. In the meantime, I have a 3DS that can't read cartridges, but I can live with that if it means there's a chance I'll get to keep my well populated Plaza.

HibikiRush

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I emailed Nintendo and this was one of the questions I asked, and they responded with:

"While I would like to be able to answer your question about transferring your Mii's, we won't know what will be able to be transferred when the data transfer option is made available."

Then I asked if data transfer will come in the next updated and the reply was:

"I can confirm that the solution will be made available via the system menu update currently scheduled for the end of this month. More specific details are not known at this time."

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, i see.

:x the wii in my house is being retarded and wont let me use the send to DS option
ohnoes.png

Nichael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have any idea on if the store update being delayed will also delay the update that will allow software transfers?

Edit: Nevermind, what I just read indicates that the store update is the software transfer update.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nichael said:
Anyone have any idea on if the store update being delayed will also delay the update that will allow software transfers?

Edit: Nevermind, what I just read indicates that the store update is the software transfer update.

lol what'd you think? that you would be given an option to select which features you want t update?

Nichael

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonkid6 said:
Nichael said:

lol what'd you think? that you would be given an option to select which features you want t update?
No, I thought that the store might be implemented separately from the rest of the update.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I don't think it's part of the store, but I don't see them releasing an update for that, then another one in a week or 3 with the rest.

dsitransfer is either part of the store, or a downloadable app. Who knows which?

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
How i save my data of streepass games?
examples
i beat warrior s way
and almost i beat the fishing game and i want save datas for that
how?
thanks reply

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm