is sonic forces really that bad?

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was interested to try out sonic forces, not only because I like sonic generations, but also because I am interested in researching the game for cool concepts for sonic continuum.

However, I looked at the review average and they are around 50 percent. Usually when I see a game around that mark, it is pretty bad. At this point the reviews are not much higher than shadow the hedgehog 2005 for example.

Is it really that bad? Should I pick it up?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
you can always pirate and see if it is worth your cash... that's what i suggest..
piracy is good for testing.

all i know is that the game crashes at the third mission lol.. not sure if that was fixed meanwhile...

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can always pirate and see if it is worth your cash... that's what i suggest..
piracy is good for testing.

all i know is that the game crashes at the third mission lol.. not sure if that was fixed meanwhile...

I personally do not like piracy, I also do not have the specs to run the game

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
save the money to the piggy bank so you can later upgrade your pc?
i understand your opinion about piracy, but heh, what if it turns out to be a sonic 06?
I am planning to build a pc at some point anyway, but for now, I am just kinda interested in word of mouth. if people say it is as bad as sonic 06, I will certainly pass it. if it is one of those games where people exaggerate in the reviews I may give it a shot at least when it is cheaper.

I am aware however of the pc technical problems, so I would probably buy the console version

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It seems to me you misuse reviews. If you boil every review down to a score, then all scores to an average, you end up losing all the important parts of what distributes to that end result. And even assuming all numbers are objective (hint: they're not), that end score may be totally different than how you would perceive it.

So if you're interested in word of mouth, then by all means: read the reviews. Here's the steam page and here's the metacritic one. Read them...or scan them for their reasons they think it is good or bad, but don't cling to a single source. I've seen good games been "reviewed" badly because of personal problems, and some mediocre games get lollerskate thumbs up because it's a franchise. Skip those, and look for those that bring up the points you bring up here. Especially when they compare it to sonic generations. That'll give you the best way to estimate the game. :)

kingtut

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to me you misuse reviews. If you boil every review down to a score, then all scores to an average, you end up losing all the important parts of what distributes to that end result. And even assuming all numbers are objective (hint: they're not), that end score may be totally different than how you would perceive it.

So if you're interested in word of mouth, then by all means: read the reviews. Here's the steam page and here's the metacritic one. Read them...or scan them for their reasons they think it is good or bad, but don't cling to a single source. I've seen good games been "reviewed" badly because of personal problems, and some mediocre games get lollerskate thumbs up because it's a franchise. Skip those, and look for those that bring up the points you bring up here. Especially when they compare it to sonic generations. That'll give you the best way to estimate the game. :)

I read reviews from ign, polygon, etc. but the thing is I know that these websites are not always fair especially when it comes to 3d platformers or sonic (polygon gave crash n sane trilogy a 6/10). Most of the reviews said that sonic forces is good but doesn't advance the series. So I am not quite sure what does that mean? cause if the game is essentially sonic generations 2. Then that is all I want.

I did read reviews though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse