Hacking Is Sky3ds my last hope for my o3ds?

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does your H&S Information app launch properly?

Also, do you have a cartridge than can update you to 7.X or higher?

I suspect maybe your H&S app is messed up; I think if you downgrade to 4.X then inject, it will work. Then you can update back with a cartridge or sysupdater.

Edit: Just a thought, maybe launch the app once and try letting rxtools find the app version again. I doubt this would make a difference though..

The only cartridge I have is pokemon X, so unfortunately no.
My H&S app works fine when I boot it up. I can read the things inside it fine. How difficult would you say downgrade it for a 'newbie'? And can I just put in Pokemon X cartridge and it will update back to a suitable system?

GW is under 60 dollars on eachmall, plus you get a discount code for signing up, it's the cheapest price you'll find. It's nice to be able to run .3ds roms, and not have to wait for slow cia installs every time you want to add more games, so it's not a bad idea to get one anyway, but the Palantine CFW method will work as long as you have the patience for it :)

GW is 80 euro (I'm from Denmark) - The only place that has stock wants 65 euro, and another 15 euro to send it to me. No discount :(
I looked over the Palantine CFW, I'll probably try it before I order the GW, but as of right now I need a break from all this, haha.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My H&S app works fine when I boot it up. I can read the things inside it fine. How difficult would you say downgrade it for a 'newbie'? And can I just put in Pokemon X cartridge and it will update back to a suitable system?

GW is 80 euro (I'm from Denmark) - The only place that has stock wants 65 euro, and another 15 euro to send it to me. No discount :(
I looked over the Palantine CFW, I'll probably try it before I order the GW, but as of right now I need a break from all this, haha.
That's perfect. You have a 3DS right, not a 2DS? 2DS can't be downgraded.

So basically you can downgrade to 4.X, attempt the injection, then if it works, upgrade to 7.X with your Pokemon X cartridge so you can still use your save. If it doesn't work, just restore your nand backup.

To downgrade, you need to get the appropriate "gateway.dg" file, put it on your SD root, and select the "downgrade" option in the gateway menu; that's it! It's that easy.

Edit: Ah, Pokemon X comes with 6.1. No problem! If the injection works, you can always update manually using Sysupdater, I can help with that.

Last edited by samiam144,

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's perfect. You have a 3DS right, not a 2DS? 2DS can't be downgraded.

So basically you can downgrade to 4.X, attempt the injection, then if it works, upgrade to 7.X with your Pokemon X cartridge so you can still use your save. If it doesn't work, just restore your nand backup.

To downgrade, you need to get the appropriate "gateway.dg" file, put it on your SD root, and select the "downgrade" option in the gateway menu; that's it! It's that easy.

Edit: Ah, Pokemon X comes with 6.1. No problem! If the injection works, you can always update manually using Sysupdater, I can help with that.

Yup, an old 3DS.

Downgrade seems easy then. Is there somewhere I can read up on which gateway.dg file is appropriate for me?
That would be very nice of you, Samiam. Thanks!

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yup, an old 3DS.

Downgrade seems easy then. Is there somewhere I can read up on which gateway.dg file is appropriate for me?

All you need to do is check GW's website and you have one for each region. The appropriate one for you is the one with the same region as your console.

Reactions: samiam144

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup, an old 3DS.

What lemanuel said! There is a very nice guide on the ***console site (not sure if I can link it here lol)

Just search "gbatemp how to downgrade" on google if you need help visually.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

http://www.eachmall.me/goods-30962-30962.html
They ship worldwide. I got mine there (I'm in Norway) ;)

Reactions: lemanuel

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What lemanuel said! There is a very nice guide on the ***console site (not sure if I can link it here lol)

Just search "gbatemp how to downgrade" on google if you need help visually.

There's a link in my signature anyway :P

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Last edited by srwgin,

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a link in my signature anyway :P

Alright, succesfully downgraded. Finaly something that worked out! I'm on 4.5.0-8E now. Do I just format emunand, install rxTools (ver. 2.6 I assume as I'm on older firmware) and do everything like last time?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Alright, succesfully downgraded. Finaly something that worked out! I'm on 4.5.0-8E now. Do I just format emunand, install rxTools (ver. 2.6 I assume as I'm on older firmware) and do everything like last time?

Yeah, altho you can use the latest nightly version of rxTools too. Having an older firmware has no impact whatsoever.
http://lavanoid.no-ip.org/

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh my god, it actually injects now!!! Finaly!
It asks me if I want to
A) Keep
B) Delete

I assume it's the H&S. What should I choose?
I guess that's a new feature, it's asking for a backup of the original H&S app I think, so "keep" if you want it.

Great that it worked out though, finally :yaynds:

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess that's a new feature, it's asking for a backup of the original H&S app I think, so "keep" if you want it.

Great that it worked out though, finally :yaynds:

Cheers everyone, we did it. Hopefully others can find this thread if they run into same problem. Conclussion: Downgrade via gw if your H&S is missing.

My Emunand is now RX-E 4.5.08E aswell, should I update this through the normal update after unlinking?
also; when I open H&S now it opens a CMD, which says "press x - install all .cia" this is what I want right? Put .cia files onto the root of the SD and install them through this.

I appreciate everyone who helped me. Thank you so much <3

Reactions: lemanuel

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cheers everyone, we did it. Hopefully others can find this thread if they run into same problem. Conclussion: Downgrade via gw if your H&S is missing.

My Emunand is now RX-E 4.5.08E aswell, should I update this through the normal update after unlinking?
also; when I open H&S now it opens a CMD, which says "press x - install all .cia" this is what I want right? Put .cia files onto the root of the SD and install them through this.

I appreciate everyone who helped me. Thank you so much <3
Yes, but just know that you should only update emunand through System Settings, or through cartridge i think. That means NOT through eShop, or when it prompts you to update at the home menu.

The CMD part seems weird, it should show you something like this:

You highlight your cia and just press A

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, but just know that you should only update emunand through System Settings, or through cartridge i think. That means NOT through eShop, or when it prompts you to update at the home menu.

The CMD part seems weird, it should show you something like this:

You highlight your cia and just press A

http://i.imgur.com/cbZM7tD.jpg this is what it looks like for me. So I suppose I just put the cia files in the root, and it'll appear at the bottom

Last edited by sykezlol,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://i.imgur.com/cbZM7tD.jpg this is what it looks like for me. Which one of the bottom ones do I press? In the video, the guys camera unfocuses as soon as he presses it :D
The options are:
- nintendo 3DS
- rxTools
- System volume info
Oh, that's okay lol.

Those are the folders on your SD card. Put a .cia on there and you can press A to install it.

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, that's okay lol.

Those are the folders on your SD card. Put a .cia on there and you can press A to install it.

I realised as soon as I posted, lol.
That was so embarresing I tried to quickly edit it, but you were to quick and caught it. damnit :D

sykezlol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol that's alright :P

Putting a .cia file into the root yields this error:

Install failed!
Description: Database does not exist

And a lot of other numbers (0xc8a082b) etc. Do you have any idea what this is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok