Country
United States

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nope I was talking about all cards, I put sky 3DS as an example. The point was to flash the flashcards and convert it in other model. Install the firmware or kernel of other flash card.

D

Deleted User

Nope I was talking about all cards, I put sky 3DS as an example. The point was to flash the flashcards and convert it in other model. Install the firmware or kernel of other flash card.
Still, it won't work if it's not an ak2i or an R4i Ultra (or a clone). It doesn't matter what card you're talking about.

DarkDante

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Still, it won't work if it's not an ak2i or an R4i Ultra (or a clone). It doesn't matter what card you're talking about.
It was originally a question, not saying it will work with all cards, damn guys! I was asking about the possibilities putting an example. I'm not confirming anything.

And some people told me stupid of even thinking this, and actually is possible, does not matter what cards can be compatible.

The point is: is possible.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
are you not finished yet? Talk about bumps.
Let's end it here, if the few can't interact with the hardware it won't work.
If it has very similar hardware with a couple of fw mods it could work
Also I highly doubt this is even possible, ds flash carts are designed for ds games not 3ds games, and vice versa
Ds flash carts make you boot in to a menu that let's you run unsigned code, instead the sky3ds pretends to be a legit cart hence the reason homebrew won't work
Hope this question has been answered

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: Majickhat55

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Instructions unclear, flashed new firmware on a Prius and it turned into a Ferrari F12.

---

To answer the question, no, you can't convert one flash cartridge into another by just flashing the firmware, whether it's a DS-Mode cart to a DS-Mode cart or a DS-Mode cart to a 3DS-Mode cart. The internal workings are different and overwriting the firmware will only cause the cartridge to be non-operational.

The only reason why the listed example works is because one cartridge brand is a hardware clone of the other. However, this does not mean that all cartridges are internally the same.

Reactions: Deleted User

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Instructions unclear, flashed new firmware on a Prius and it turned into a Ferrari F12.

---

To answer the question, no, you can't convert one flash cartridge into another by just flashing the firmware, whether it's a DS-Mode cart to a DS-Mode cart or a DS-Mode cart to a 3DS-Mode cart. The internal workings are different and overwriting the firmware will only cause the cartridge to be non-operational.

The only reason why the listed example works is because one cartridge brand is a hardware clone of the other. However, this does not mean that all cartridges are internally the same.

---

To answer the previously mentioned PC OS analogy, the reason why many different PC brands can all run Windows is because they are all designed to. Windows is designed to be a universal OS with common libraries for PC manufacturers to work with. Flash cartridges on the other hand do not have a universal standard of operation. Even though they may look very similar from the outside, their internal workings are actually very different and so each brand is only designed to work with their own unique firmware.

(Whoops, this was meant to be an edit, not a quote in a new post)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro