Hacking is pokemon sun unplayable on o3ds with rxtools?

Bella Lawrence

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 133

Bella Lawrence

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you restore all of the files removed for RXTools?
Yeah i fixed it, but if i placed everything back where it's suppose to, my emunand is suppose to boot automatically again right? becuase it's doing what it usually does but after it flashes the rxtools screen it doesn't fully boot into emunand

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah i fixed it, but if i placed everything back where it's suppose to, my emunand is suppose to boot automatically again right? becuase it's doing what it usually does but after it flashes the rxtools screen it doesn't fully boot into emunand
It should all boot like it's suppose. RXTools is actually extremely unstable.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tell me there is another way to get into my emunand
Use a different CFW. Seriously, just delete RXTools and your bootloader and replace them with Luma3DS. Luma3DS will still use the same emuNAND, you will loose nothing by doing this.

Bella Lawrence

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use a different CFW. Seriously, just delete RXTools and your bootloader and replace them with Luma3DS. Luma3DS will still use the same emuNAND, you will loose nothing by doing this.
But Luma3DS isn't even working for me. My save file for Pokemon Sun is backed up on my sd card as a "main" file. I can still inject it to my cartridge even if this Rxtools bs never

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But Luma3DS isn't even working for me. My save file for Pokemon Sun is backed up on my sd card as a "main" file. I can still inject it to my cartridge even if this Rxtools bs never
It's not working because of your bootloader. If you remove the bootloader and replace it with Luma3DS, you will just directly boot into your emuNAND. You can also use Luma3DS to chainload into your payloads.

Reactions: Quantumcat

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tomorrow can i pm you and you can help me gain access to my emunand again please?
Sure, I am off tomorrow, so I should be able to help. But I really suggest just following the Luma3DS wiki.

Reactions: blahax

Alvyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it can't be just a coincidence.
I'm on RxTools with the latest firmware, and having the same issues as OP.
I thought it was a hardware error as this happens infrequently with other games (Omega Ruby and SSB). Never really thought to switch CFW's, partially cause I have a "If it ain't broke, don't touch it." mentality.
I don't really know what the benefits of AL9H are over MenuHax, so I'm just gonna let sleeping gods lie and just keep the MenuHax entry point and switch to Luma3DS later this evening.

Last edited by Alvyn,

Waywatcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, it can't be just a coincidence.
I'm on RxTools with the latest firmware, and having the same issues as OP.
I thought it was a hardware error as this happens infrequently with other games (Omega Ruby and SSB). Never really thought to switch CFW's, partially cause I have a "If it ain't broke, don't touch it." mentality.
I don't really know what the benefits of AL9H are over MenuHax, so I'm just gonna let sleeping gods lie and just keep the MenuHax entry point and switch to Luma3DS later this evening.

The main benefit is that all AL9H-holier than thou-pricks will finally see you as an equal, and won't ever try to correct your decisions. :P

Seriously though, I use ManuHax as well and I have no issues playing Pokemon Sun (downloaded from Freeshop) while in Gateway or rxTools. However, I could NOT play it while in Luma. I tried to update it by replacing the files with the newest release but when I now try to open Luma from Homebrew Launcher it starts the SafeA9LHInstaller!!!

Alvyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The main benefit is that all AL9H-holier than thou-pricks will finally see you as an equal, and won't ever try to correct your decisions. :P

Seriously though, I use ManuHax as well and I have no issues playing Pokemon Sun (downloaded from Freeshop) while in Gateway or rxTools. However, I could NOT play it while in Luma. I tried to update it by replacing the files with the newest release but when I now try to open Luma from Homebrew Launcher it starts the SafeA9LHInstaller!!!

I think that's because it was an installed copy, I've read posts saying the CIA run fine, but the cartridge is buggy.

MaladroitJoypad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Uhm...

I'm using emuNAND via rxtools on my O3DS (latest RX firm on emuNAND, 4.5 sysNand) with mset exploit (Nintendo Profile Exlpoit) and I got the same error message on both cartrigdes (ORAS cartrigdes are working, so does my translated MHX version). Is there way to keep the mset exploit for Luma AND rxTools? I want to keep rxtools, because of my savegames and stuff... didnt find anything on this on the Luma wiki. Or will it be fine setting up another exploit just for Luma?

God, damn.

Edit: Ah. And I read on the Luma Wiki that I would need a DS flashcart, is it really neccessary?

Edit²: Just looked at that https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax holy fucking crap. Its 10 PM I want to play ; its driving me fucking nuts lol. Pls halp. `-´

Edit³: I did those steps "Steps for MSET users:

1. 1. Put your 3DS SD card into your computer
2. Open the Luma3DS zip file you downloaded above
3. Extract the arm9loaderhax.bin file to the root of the SD
4. In the Luma3DS zip, go into the "MSET" folder and drag and drop the Luma3DS.dat file to the root of your SD, replacing any that exists.
5. Rename Luma3ds.dat file to launcher.dat
6. Delete the rxTools folder

Now when you open System Settings > Other Settings > Profile > Nintendo DS Profile it will boot into Luma3DS CFW
" Source: -snip-

But rxtools is just reinstalling itself lol....

Okay the problem was rxtools.dat I did not deleted, but Luma isnt booting now.

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed warez site name -rp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok