Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have seen a lot of people complaining (mostly in DOAD threads) about the online matches in Street Fighter being full of people who just mash the button of their favourite special move. I know you can turn off lite mode but I find it makes it more fun to be up against these people- to me it feels like playing the SNES/ Megadrive era SF2 games, where Sagat and Bison especially would spam you to bits with the same move repeatedly (Bisons head stomping thing was the only thing he used for about 7 matches once and I woke my parents up by frustratedly growling at it).

I was just wondering what your opinions are on this- having not played a fighting game since Tekken 2, I am enjoying both SSFiv and DOAD at the same time- though I am finding Street Fighter easier to play online due to less lag and being more familiar with the movesets

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your first problem was thinking you could play this game seriously on a handheld.
To avoid Bison's headstomp, just backdash.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jehuty25 said:
Your first problem was thinking you could play this game seriously on a handheld.
That was back on the SNES, I was about 8! I have no real problem with it in handheld form, but as I said I haven't played a fighter since the PS1 days so what would I know?!

QUOTE(emigre @ May 27 2011, 10:45 AM) The thing is you can beat spammers if you're actually good at teh game.
I find that too, but I did meet a guy called 'Dad' who just jumped the whole way through

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
when i find people fighting like that, i usually lose once or twice... after that i keep winning, since i know their tactics.

you just need to be patient and then once you get the upper hand they leave angry, or at least i like thinking like this, it puts a smile on my face.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suck, I try to beat them; but Vega fails me...
ohnoes.png

Damn

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
with any fighting game you are gonna find spammers. However because they spam they are quite beatable. As soon as you learn how to block/dodge their spamming move it's all over. Playing DOAD online and some guy kept spamming one of Ryu's moves. Did a simple reversal and it was game over for him.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jehuty25 said:
Your problem is thinking that you can play any fighting game seriously online... all real competitons are always done locally especially ssf4 due to the timing of links. If you play ssf4 3D edition locally it delivers a perfect port of what you would play on a console.
On-Topic: Usually those that complain are the poeple who are also spamming but lose to the other guy who is spamming. Turns out a bunch of 3ds owners bought ssf4 only to realize that they suck balls at it so all they do spam. The real problem are laggers who use lite mode, because lite mode only uses a button press for a special move if u keep tapping it while lagging it will always make the move come out but if your playing the game normally due to the number of commands you have to do lag makes your moves screw up. Every game has their laggers but it in no way makes online a bad thing. Infact ssf4 online is very well done and surprising for a launch title, truly shows how much superior the 3ds is to the wii >.>

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, with sf4 on lite there are moves that don't charge because of the on screen buttons. breaks the game. I can't approach Guile as Cammy without burning meter because he can instantly cancel out of sonic boom. So it's not always possible to use a counter to a spammer in sf4 because there isn't one.

Then if you play pro there's some combos you just can't pull off due to the hardware.

Yeah, spammers are a turn off. I cringe when I see guile or honda. I don't normally lose, but it's just not fun to play.

However, I'm finding as I raise through the ranks that I'm bumping into less and less of these players. Have some roaring good fights that go on to be best of 7's instead of quitting at the end of each game.

I'm also pretty pleased with the lag, game runs smoothly most of the time

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
Jehuty25 said:
Your problem is thinking that you can play any fighting game seriously online... all real competitons are always done locally especially ssf4 due to the timing of links. If you play ssf4 3D edition locally it delivers a perfect port of what you would play on a console.
On-Topic: Usually those that complain are the poeple who are also spamming but lose to the other guy who is spamming. Turns out a bunch of 3ds owners bought ssf4 only to realize that they suck balls at it so all they do spam. The real problem are laggers who use lite mode, because lite mode only uses a button press for a special move if u keep tapping it while lagging it will always make the move come out but if your playing the game normally due to the number of commands you have to do lag makes your moves screw up. Every game has their laggers but it in no way makes online a bad thing. Infact ssf4 online is very well done and surprising for a launch title, truly shows how much superior the 3ds is to the wii >.>
I dunno if it's much of a problem for me, I get along quite fine in SSF4 on psn. My only complaint about online play is that there are too many trolls. But I'm one of those players who tweak their execution timing according to the lag unless it's unbearable. Stop complaining about it. About the online vs local issue, for those people who don't have SSF4 in their arcades or live around a bunch of people who are obsessed with COD and either suck ass at fighting games or hate them, online is a viable alternative imo.

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's simply a game design error.
For instance Guille: In the real Street Fighter world you have to load up his moves (holding down or back a little time).

While you're doing this, you are vulnerable and it takes it's time. You simply CAN'T spam Sonic Booms in Street Fighter. So the Lite mode breaks Guille. Same for Camy. The whole balance is broken, so I only play against players with Pro controls.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If only the console versions also had the REMATCH button after a ranked match, it would be perfect. Rematching a good oponent is awesome. I always try to manually rematch someone who I think is a good match.
But some people just want to win, so they prefer spamming impossible moves (sonic boom into flash kick) then actually improving their abilities. And that suck.

TERRIBLE design choice from CAPCOM. They should have implemented some kind of onscreen timer on these moves. And they would only actually be executed if you released the button after the timer expires.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey