Is Nintendo 3DS worth a buy?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by acer7, Dec 15, 2012.

Dec 15, 2012

Is Nintendo 3DS worth a buy? by acer7 at 6:07 AM (1,176 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. acer7
    OP

Newcomer acer7 Graphic Designer

United States
    I am thinking of buying a nintendo 3DS so I wanted to know is it worth it?How are it's graphics,is it much better than the PSP's graphics(when 3D is off)?(As I already wear glasses and I have seen a lot of people say that the 3D effects hurts the eye).Are there any good 3DS RPGS released now?What is the best flash card for the 3DS?Would I be able to go online in games(if I am playing the roms that I put in the flash card)?

Does anyone know a store where 3DS is on sale in Chicago(USA).

2. TyBlood13

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
  3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The 3DS's graphical capabilities are better than the PSP's. That's not to say every game out right now will look better as it depends on the game, especially when dealing with early titles.

http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

Online with DS ROMs works fine, but you'll be limited to WEP security or no security on the wifi. WPA and WPA2 cannot be used with DS game ROMs, no matter the DS model they're in.

4. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    If you came to a website founded around nintendo handhelds, and into the specific forum to ask if the latest and greatest portable is worth a buy... I think you already have your answer ;D

5. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    I would recommend the 3DS XL. I wear glasses too but the 3D doesn't bother me. Try playing a demo unit at a nearby store to check the 3D effect.

6. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Is the 3DS worth it?

Not really though VLR is fucking fantastic.

7. driverdis

Member driverdis I am Justice

United States
    I recommend the regular 3DS+A full acrylic case to protect the 3ds. the larger screen of the XL is nice but the top screen scratching still happens on it according to some people and i thought it made the Adventure Time 3DS game look ugly with the Filter it uses to make 3DS and DS games look less blocky then the DSi XL did to games. I like the smaller size better. I like the XL's actual buttons for the home menu vs the ribbon used on the 3DS tho.

8. Pluupy

Member Pluupy Woof!

United States
    What are you talking about. Filters? wat

They look exactly the same. I have Mario Party DS inside my 3DSXL and it looks the same way it does on my DSLite. I'm not sure about the top scratching thing,
    as I have a recent XL and am one of the smart people to actually use a screen protector, so I dunno.

9. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah the 3DS and the 3DS XL have the exact same resolution (just like the DSi and DSi XL do). The pixels are relatively larger though.