is nes hombrew compatability perfect?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Death50, Mar 16, 2008.

Mar 16, 2008
  1. Death50
    OP

Newcomer Death50 Member

United States
    so is nes homebrews compatability perfect for the ds?? becuase the nesDS i got on it doesnt work that well especially for punchout and there is sound missing from paperboy and such, but it is still great with the speed thing and such

2. amemoryoncelost

Member amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    nowhere near perfect
    if you're looking for anything near it, I know the PSP does real well with emulators, but the ds has issues, it's gotten better, but still pretty far off from perfect..

3. Death50
    OP

Newcomer Death50 Member

United States
    ack i was hoping as least the nes would be, explains why punch out was so pixelated

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    NES emulation is extremely good for most games but has problems with a few. If you can run GBA files, try PocketNES which continues to be updated while NES DS development stopped long ago.

You could also try NesterDS for the misbehaving games, which should have better graphical accuracy, but it will be slower and won't have any saving support.

5. Death50
    OP

Newcomer Death50 Member

United States
    well i only run slot 1 too cheap for slot 2
    so i guess ill try out the nesterds

6. oldskoolnesgamer

Newcomer oldskoolnesgamer Member

United States
    This is all news to me. I mostly wanted a DS for NES games. If compatibility isn't great, then... maybe I should just keep using my SP.

7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Honestly every game I've thrown at it works fine. Of course, that amounts to maybe 10-15 games max, but even still. NES DS remains fairly compatible with a good majority of games.