Hacking Is my Switch Bricked from trying to downgrade?

SAMVREMIX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My switch was updated to 8.0.1 and was using atmosphere OS. All my games corrupted so i was going to downgrade to 7.1 using ChoijourNX. While it was downgrading, atmosphere crashed and now i cant boot into CFW or OS. I can boot into hekate but thats it. I have tried downgrading Choijour on my pc and got my keys from Biskeydump but when i try and use hactool. I get up to the stage 4 and then i get IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'ini1\\spl.kip1' so i cant get my keys for hactool and then the ones i need for Choijour. I have tried googling keys.txt for choijour but thhey all give me 'failed to match key....' [2868] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour. dont know what else I can do. have since bought another switch so not a big issue but would like the other for an emulator so would like it working. Sorry for the long post.

Reactions: NoNAND

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the directory ini1\\spl.kip1 doesn't sound right with the two back slashes, but I don't know much about the switch, so it might be normal. the syntax just doesn't look right.

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
All the games should've worked again if you uninstall & reinstall the corrupted games or just reinstalling the game update nsp... majority of times, you're gonna have a bad time when downgrading system firmware.

Pinkton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what version of Hekate are you using and with what Hekate version did you make that backup

Forgive my ignorance, but this has got me wondering (worried perhaps) that my 301 backup isn't as safe as I thought? Surely it shouldn't matter?

SAMVREMIX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have sorted it now. I must've backed up my keys as when I looked at my old backup there was a keys.txt. used that and all good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing