Is my Switch Bricked from trying to downgrade?

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by SAMVREMIX, Sep 15, 2019.

1. SAMVREMIX
    OP

SAMVREMIX Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    United Kingdom
    My switch was updated to 8.0.1 and was using atmosphere OS. All my games corrupted so i was going to downgrade to 7.1 using ChoijourNX. While it was downgrading, atmosphere crashed and now i cant boot into CFW or OS. I can boot into hekate but thats it. I have tried downgrading Choijour on my pc and got my keys from Biskeydump but when i try and use hactool. I get up to the stage 4 and then i get IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'ini1\\spl.kip1' so i cant get my keys for hactool and then the ones i need for Choijour. I have tried googling keys.txt for choijour but thhey all give me 'failed to match key....' [2868] Failed to execute script ChoiDujour. dont know what else I can do. have since bought another switch so not a big issue but would like the other for an emulator so would like it working. Sorry for the long post.

NoNAND likes this.
  2. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    Do you have a full nand dump/backup?

3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    the directory ini1\\spl.kip1 doesn't sound right with the two back slashes, but I don't know much about the switch, so it might be normal. the syntax just doesn't look right.

NoNAND likes this.
  4. Krazyeye

Krazyeye Just Keep On Keepin' On!

Aug 5, 2017
    Korea, South
    WOLFPACK
    All the games should've worked again if you uninstall & reinstall the corrupted games or just reinstalling the game update nsp... majority of times, you're gonna have a bad time when downgrading system firmware.

NoNAND likes this.
  5. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The other plane of existence
    There's a chance that your Switch NAND partitions might have been corrupted during the atmosphere crash incident.
    Do you happen to have a NAND backup?

Reynardine likes this.
  6. SAMVREMIX
    OP

SAMVREMIX Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I do yes but when I try and restore it, I get told that the size is incorrect.

NoNAND likes this.
  7. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The other plane of existence
    what version of Hekate are you using and with what Hekate version did you make that backup

Reynardine and MicmasH_W like this.
  8. SAMVREMIX
    OP

SAMVREMIX Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I'm using latest now but I can't remember which version it was when I completed the nand

9. Pinkton

Pinkton Member

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Forgive my ignorance, but this has got me wondering (worried perhaps) that my 301 backup isn't as safe as I thought? Surely it shouldn't matter?

10. SAMVREMIX
    OP

SAMVREMIX Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Have sorted it now. I must've backed up my keys as when I looked at my old backup there was a keys.txt. used that and all good

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted