Hacking Is my SD card dead?

Magmorph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a sandisk 16 gb micro SDHC card that has been working for a long time until I tried to use it today. I connected it to my computer and it seemed to be functioning correctly until I tried to add or delete a file from it. It never returns an error but the file is never written. All of the files I previously had on it are still there. I have tried formatting it but it gets about half way through and stops and returns an error. Even after the attempted format none of the files have been deleted(some of them are corrupted though). I hope there is something I can do to fix it I don't want to buy a new one.
unsure.gif

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try panasonics sd formatter (free - use google to find)

or

Use a dumb device to try and format it (camera, phone) I have recovered several using my camera (mine only takes 8GB tho!)

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes if your using windows and your using the built in format tool windows has it doesn't always work go get a 3rd party formatter or try formatting it in cmdprompt
smile.gif
that saved my old 4GB before I got my 8GB don't ask for the command line to do it though this was 3 years ago O.o

Magmorph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using my camera and panasonic's formatter and they both say the SD card is locked. This doesn't make sense because micro SD cards cannot be locked. I will try the command prompt later and see if it does anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended