Hacking Is my r4ds real?

Fire2box

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There hasn't been a real R4 for sometime I think. However I bought a R4 (without HC support) from gamekool and it works perfectly and I am sure its a fake/clone. I plan on buying that R4HC after I sell off this new professor layton game on Ebay. Then I'll buy a nice big micro SDHC card from newegg, hopefully a 16 gig card. I'll also try it with my 2GB micro card I currently have.

If it works I am selling my first R4 and is 2GB card to my friend. Though he'll need me to load the games for him, he can't even flip his router back to WEP so we can play online in the DS.

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
link 1. The usb doesnt look like that
link 2. the box doesn't look like that

Even if, chances are its fake..

dave950

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire2box said:
There hasn't been a real R4 for sometime I think. However I bought a R4 (without HC support) from gamekool and it works perfectly and I am sure its a fake/clone. I plan on buying that R4HC after I sell off this new professor layton game on Ebay. Then I'll buy a nice big micro SDHC card from newegg, hopefully a 16 gig card. I'll also try it with my 2GB micro card I currently have.

If it works I am selling my first R4 and is 2GB card to my friend. Though he'll need me to load the games for him, he can't even flip his router back to WEP so we can play online in the DS.

even if its fake can i still use the lastest firmware at r4ds.cn without bricking my ndsl?

dave950

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire2box said:

even if it is fake can i still use the latest firmware at r4ds.cn on it?

Posts merged

sry about the 2 posts above was an accident

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
dave950 said:
even if it is fake can i still use the latest firmware at r4ds.cn on it?
No,because the official R4 kernel is encrypted and made to run only on original R4 carts. If you get a fake , you will have to find a kernel for your fake (the website is usually written on the box or the cart itself).
You really should buy a different cart though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end