Hacking is my r4 dead after ntrboot usage?

dinoson631

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so i have the r4i 3ds rts says v6.1 on the front of the cart, back of the cart has c revision, i have used ntrboot in the past with this cart so this is extremely weird, i cannot properly restore my r4,so i narrowed it down to it only A5,A6,A7 being the only backup options, i have tried almost every single r4i 3ds rts variation backup and nothing no luck, the cart will show up but when booted it just stays on black screen eventually booting me back to 3ds menu, sd card works fine when all files are there from before the ntrboot flash and pc reads sd card just fine. Some revs install 9 chunks (a7,a5) and some install 32 chunks, while one installs 63 chunks. Any help appreciated.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

dinoson631

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

first one writes 10 chunks,2nd one writes 63 chunks,card gets recognized on both, boots to black screen and then back to 3ds menu,so i remember back when i first successfully restored ntr backup, it didnt work with a5, tried a6 and a6 worked just fine but for some odd reason it doesn't wanna work with A6 anymore this time, the thing is i feel like it has to be a5,a6,a7 but none of them work for me. i was about to try a new micro sd card until i realized this one is still getting recognized just fine on pc, all files are still there from when it was working. I honestly think the card is cooked xD call me crazy

dinoson631

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a C or D revision card. You can see the revision on the back of the card near the contacts.

Front of the card says V6.1 Back of the card on the bottom right says C, its definately a c revision card but i have no idea whats going on at this point but to assume that the micro sd card reader on the r4 is donezo? Even though i used it just last night to flash ntrboot to begin with ahhh

dinoson631

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what is the difference between the normal version and the V6.1? I have the normal one.

probably just the r4 wood firmware/kernel that comes installed?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok guys, just checked ntr boot log this is what i see
R4iGold: HW Revision = a7a7a7a7
so its clearly rev a7 (back of the cart says C)
even with all the details i have provided you guys. A7 Is also the one backup that only writes 9 chunks and then completes and sometimes it would downright fail to restore and i have to retry, gonna try it one last time.

the random error i get when attempting to restore a7:
READING...
CHECKING 003F0000
RESTORING FAILED.

it only fails to restore a7 sometimes, sometimes it will go through

update: re-flashing A7 finally sucessfully flashed, but only wrote 9 chunks after succeeding and still gives me black screen after booting up the r4 from menu. I GIVE UP.

Last edited by dinoson631,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wait, what is the difference between the normal version and the V6.1? I have the normal one.
There was a R4 Firmware update (I think 6.1) that required cutting a line on the PCB of the R4. The sticker was used for a short time to show that cutting the line is not necessary. But they went back to the normal sticker after a while.

Reactions: MrMcTiller

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle